Wii Fitness

annie31
on 6/8/09 4:32 am - Canada

Has anyone bought a Wii to try their fitness programs/games?

I picked one up yesterday and have only gotten to the first set of games that came with it. The sports games. You can really work up a sweat doing these games. I just had several rounds of tennis and I went ahead and bought the accessories package that gives you the racket and baseball bat etc.

I LOVE IT!

I hate working out but this is fun... I don't mind sweating when I'm having a blast.

I also bought the EA games personal trainer program. I'm not sure if I'll be able to use it since I can't strap the leg thing on properly due to a health issue but so far the games themselves are doing awesomely.

Does anyone recommend fun active games?

HW:519 W@C:476 SW: 448 CW:373  103lbs Lost so far.

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"

Karen M.
on 6/8/09 4:40 am - Mississauga, Canada
Annie, I don't have one, but there are several people here who do and LOVE it, especailly the Wii Fit.  I've tried the bowling and absolutely loved it.  MUST get me a Wii.  :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

martsha
on 6/8/09 5:04 am - Ottawa, Canada
I love Wii Boxing! It is really hard work out and you can knock the heck out of something!

I rented the Jilliam Michaels game to go with the Wii Fit board and really enjoyed it to.
Karen M.
on 6/8/09 5:08 am - Mississauga, Canada
Oooh, I think I would like to try the boxing.  How strenuous is it though? 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Stephanie L.
on 6/8/09 5:20 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/17/09 with

My favourites for the Wii are........

and.....

In either case, you can use the Wii Fit board or not..... they work either way. I love my Wii and Wii Fit!!!

Contact me at [email protected] for information about the Belleville area support group :)  or visit our new OH group page http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/quinte/

annie31
on 6/8/09 9:29 am - Canada

I bought the Active one you posted. I'm not sure I can use it though since I can't put on the leg band properly. I'd really like to use it though I"m not sure if  I should bring it back or keep it until later on when I lose some. I couldn't get the fit board since I exceed it's weight limit but hopefully soon I can use that too :)

I bought the accessories back with the tennis racket and bat and wheel.. I want to get the boxing gloves and dumbell weights.

I love boxing so I think I'll pick up that boxing game!

Stephanie L.
on 6/8/09 9:51 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/17/09 with
I'd be tempted to keep it for when you can use it properly. We have the boxing gloves and I love them!! I didn't know they had weights for it though!
The boxing part of the Wii Fit game was my favourite so when I saw the Cardio Boxing I picked it up and was not disappointed!! It's so much fun!!!
Contact me at [email protected] for information about the Belleville area support group :)  or visit our new OH group page http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/quinte/

annie31
on 6/8/09 1:04 pm - Canada

Definitely gonna go get the cardio boxing then.. I love boxing. I tried Tae Bo once and skipped the kicking part lol

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/09 5:43 am - Welland, Canada
Ok here I get to humiliate myself haha.  The WII personal trainer was on sale at walmart this week for 19 bucks {my friend said she paid 40} so I got it.  I was setting it up doing my measurements etc and we got to the heart rate part.  The Mo Fo wanted me to do jumping jacks.  No offense but my {woot woot just under} 400 lbs ass can't do jumping jacks my stomache will knock me out {wish I could say it was the boobs haha} anyhow I did the top half and did the side fast with my feet.  When I did the take pulse part it said I had used 97% of my body's energy to do it haha ha {Don't know what that means but when my son who is 6 feet and 150 wet did it he used 47 % of his body energy haha} so I guess it was telling me I have a slugs ability haha.  By teh time I finished doing the crunches and jumping ahemm side to side jacks and the bending and touching floor I didn't have any energy left to do the program hahaah.
LOL Well at least I got exercize.
Elizabeth xo's
Lisa P.
on 6/8/09 6:30 am - Cambridge, Canada
I love the wii fit!!  Some of the activities are more fun than hard work, but I'm actually enjoying the running ones, and I love the step ones!  I actually ran 3.1 miles(american game, you know) the other day in just twenty minutes!!

Lisa

HW-340 SW-316 CW-149 GW-150      I LOVE MY DS

Most Active
Recent Topics