Kind of long - can you shrink your pouch again

Tabetha A.
on 5/27/10 3:49 am - Ajax, Canada
 Sorry to hear that your surgery isn't working the way you expected.  Though it has been 2 years and your malabsorption portion of your RNY is probably gone by now, you mentioned that after eating an apple you are full, which leads me to believe you still have restriction.  You just aren't choosing the appropriate things to eat.  I think you should make an appt with Graber/Fitzer office and see the nutritionist there.  They can probably set you back on track.  Also, I found that with being a food addict, I eat anything that's in my house.. so ya know what.. it does NOT come into my house.  If I want it, then I'd have to get off my lazy butt to make that extra trip out to get it.  Slider foods go down very easily and can be packed in.  These are a no-no, and what you, and most everyone else tend to turn towards for comforts.  

I don't think you need a revision... i think you just need a food plan overhaul.  Good luck!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

momtothree
on 5/27/10 9:54 pm - Canada
I am with you Tabetha, if it is in the house, I would likely eat it.   My surgery has been a life change for the entire family.   If something is not healthy for me to be eating, it certainly should not be going into my kids mouths or DH...if I love them, I figure I should feed them the same high quality value foods.   I have also had to change my mind about what a "treat" is.  If it is made of white flour, full of sugars, or deep fried - it is not a treat, it is a health hazard.   A treat, is a beautiful bowl of homemade fruit salad, a lovely prepared meal - with candles not something than will set my entire family on a path that tripped me up for years.

If I buy it, it will get eaten.   Food choices begin on grocery day.
 HW/285  SW/261.6  CW/177.0  GOAL 155

Chris T.
on 6/27/10 5:10 pm - Portland, OR
Beautifully put, MomtoThree! I just wrote that in my journal for inspiration.

Christina :-)
nan41
on 5/28/10 5:59 am - Canada

Hi

I know you are right about I just have to work on the food and do not need a revision.  As I had reply in an earlier post I have no passport or the money to go back to the states.  Dr. Graber has sent my stuff to Dr. Dent who is following me up here.

I know it is a no no and wished I have never started it.  I know I have to stop myself, before I was never aware of what I was eating now I am, I know when I am reaching for the bad food and it is not in the house.  I actually go out and get it.  I think about it and then go.  I do not have the wrong food in the house, it is me who has to stop going out, and getting it. 

Thank you for your reply

Nancy

I

mermaidoz
on 5/27/10 6:59 am - Canada
If you are in the Ottawa area, go see Dr. Yoni Freedman at the BMI Institute for proper followuppost RnY and to get your system kickstarted again.. pricey, but you are worth it.
milauran
on 5/27/10 12:00 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Sorry that you are struggling with this Nancy. The 5 day pouch test does kind of reset your pouch but as was already stated, it only works if you can stay away from the carbs afterwards. It isn't going to hurt to try it but you have to be resolved that bad carbs are out of your life for good.
Lorraine           
 Lost before consult 50  between consult & surgery 33  since surgery 88
    HW 335  ConsultW 285   SW 252   CW 164  GW 167   Left to lose 0 (-3 below goal)

Most Active
Recent Topics