Fevers

Luckalee
on 3/30/11 10:05 am - St.Catharines. On, Canada
Hi everyone I have a question in regards to fevers I'm 4 months post-op and I've had no problems up until now for the last 3 days I've be getting these low grade fevers 100.8 and tonight its reading 101.2 I'm not vomiting just muscle aces chills real bad. I know its not gallbladder had them out years ago my DH wants to take me to the ER but my dilemma is which ER should I go to, I live in St.Catharines but my surgery was in Hamilton so should I go there? Thanks for any input.....

SandyM
Kelshy
on 3/30/11 10:24 am - Cannifton, Canada
It doesn't sound WLS related. Maybe flu??
Keep well hydrated and ride it out a bit longer. Make an appt with your family doc.

Chris
Karen M.
on 3/30/11 10:29 am - Mississauga, Canada
If it were me (disclaimer) I would take Tylenol to get the fever down, drink a ton, and see how I felt in the morning.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Monica M.
on 3/30/11 9:21 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
i agree with Karen. tylenol, fluids, rest. A fever is the body's way of fighting a virus. Yours isn't that high. Ride it out a bit (disclaimer, not speaking as a medical professional)

Joyce J.
on 3/31/11 2:33 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Sandy

Probably the flu. You don't really vomit with the flu after weight loss surgery unless you have food in your pouch. You will have all the other flu symptoms
Get lots of rest and drink lots

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Luckalee
on 3/31/11 3:32 am - St.Catharines. On, Canada
Thanks all for your responses very much appreciated.

SandyM
Most Active
Recent Topics