Serious pain.. cannot sit. ughhh

dancingdaisy
on 4/6/11 4:19 am - Canada
So i talked to the nurse and he said that it is normal to feel a lot of pain on the left side after surgery, especially later on once you are moving more. So I had surgery on March 14th and felt great.. until last week... ughh I literally cannot sit down, it hurts too much. Driving to pick up theer kids fromdaycare is painful. I can stand, walk and lay down... but sitting..just to painful!!
I have a few of tha painkillers left, so am taking them.
So to get to my question.. is this normal, anyone else feel this way? I am not sure I am going to go to work since i cannot sit. When did the pain start to go away?
ana1980
on 4/6/11 5:04 am, edited 4/6/11 5:04 am - Canada
I had surgery on march 28 and two days ago I started feeling a pain on my left side more towards my back then my tummy I can't sit either and driving is he'll. I was considering going to er because it seems to be getting worse. Im like you I want to know if it's normal, when I asked the nurse she said it all depends on how your body feels. I'm giving it until Friday if it still hurts I'm going to the doctor, the pain when I try to sit down brings tears to my eyes.

Referal  to Humber River February 28, 2010
Questionaire July 14, 2010
Transfered to Toronto Westen General September 3, 2010
Orientatio November3, 2010
Nurse and social Worker January 26, 2011
Dietician and Nutrition Class February 2, 2011
Psych February 4, 2011
Surgeon March 11, 2011
Surgery March 28, 2011 TWH 

Karen M.
on 4/6/11 5:40 am - Mississauga, Canada
To both you and Ana - if you are experiencing pain and don't know what it is - call your surgeon!  And pain that brings tears to your eyes?  No way.  Better safe than sorry.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

ana1980
on 4/6/11 5:53 am - Canada
I call the surgeons office and his nurse said that sometimes it happens when your body is healing, things get tighter. She said give it a week or two. But I'll give it to Friday, if Friday I get up and I'm in pain I'm going to the er they'll have to see me no choice.

Referal  to Humber River February 28, 2010
Questionaire July 14, 2010
Transfered to Toronto Westen General September 3, 2010
Orientatio November3, 2010
Nurse and social Worker January 26, 2011
Dietician and Nutrition Class February 2, 2011
Psych February 4, 2011
Surgeon March 11, 2011
Surgery March 28, 2011 TWH 

Karen M.
on 4/6/11 6:02 am - Mississauga, Canada
Good plan.  I don't recall any pain that was that bad at all.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Joy D.
on 4/6/11 7:03 am - Hamilton, Canada
 I had the surgery Feb 26 and yes i had pain on my left  side  felt like the floating part of the stomach would  get caught inbetween my ribs, slight burn but it passed only happened if i was in a side to back position, since then i just take it easy  and putter around the  house or a small walk out side, listen to your  body if you feel its that bad get to the Emerg, as Karen says  best to be safe then sorry.

Joy
magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Diminishing Dawn
on 4/6/11 7:38 am - Windsor, Canada
Uncomfortable is normal.
Sore is normal.
Pain is not normal.
If you are feeling pain, always call your surgeon's office.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Monica M.
on 4/6/11 10:14 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
the only pain i had after leaving hospital was gas pain relieved by walking around. I'd go to emerg if i were you.

Most Active
Recent Topics