wait time/process

charolli
on 4/19/11 11:10 am - Canada
Hi hoping someone can share their recent experience with the ontario bariatric network. My referral was submitted Sept 2010 and i just recieved confirmation for my information session at Toronto Western Hospital mid may. I know there are still a lot of other steps/tests etc in the process before a surgery date.....but what am i probably looking at ....is it a few or several months.
PatXYZ
on 4/19/11 11:16 am
I have been told by someone at TWH that they are averaging 4 months from orientation to surgery. You'd help yourself if you got a H.pylori test and a sleep study to determine whether you have sleep apnea (I've done both of these during my wait). I believe that all the other tests are either required on an individual basis or need to be done closer to surgery (other TWH peeps please butt in if I'm wrong). I am two months behind you and am getting very, very antsy...
charolli
on 4/19/11 11:21 am - Canada
thanks....already known sleep apnea and hpylori was negative about 10 yrs ago....wonder if this needs to be repeated
Leslie W.
on 4/19/11 11:32 am - Cobourg, Canada
My referral went in end of August 2010. Just received my letter as well for TWH for end of May
Kelshy
on 4/19/11 12:41 pm - Cannifton, Canada
I was 5 1/2 months from orientation to surgery and I had no complicating factors.

Chris

Feb 19 2010 Referral to Ottawa         Nov 24 2010 Orientation at TWH
Jan 25 2011 Nurse                               Feb 16 2011 Social Worker
March 10 2011 Psychiatrist                 April 8 2011 Surgeon
Surgery May 9 2011                             Bowel Obstruction/ internal Hernia Feb 13 2013  

PatXYZ
on 4/19/11 1:30 pm
I would think that the 10 year old results would be considered a bit out of date and they would want something much more recent... H.pylori for sure, but if you have not gained significant weight or had snoring or any sleep issues for the past 10 years they may not bother, but I'd do it anyway personally.
Most Active
Recent Topics