Newbie with a question

hobbithands
on 5/9/11 12:13 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 Ok, 
So my referral went in on May 2nd. I am wondering what happens next my Dr is very sweet but has never reffered a patient before, and is not sure what happens next or time lines. 
 If someone would explain I would so appreciate! 

Cheryl Allan
on 5/9/11 1:30 am - Canada
I am not sure where you are or where your referral is going but I was speaking to my Dr last week and he told me there is up to a 2 year waiting list now, I dont mean to discourage you but I would ask your Dr he can apparently look it up and find out how long the wait will be for you...Good Luck
Cheryl Allan

HW...355......SW....322...CW 281

lexxiblue
on 5/9/11 1:31 am
RNY on 01/11/12
hey hobbit..
make sure your doc used the bariatric registry and just didn't fax in your referral!
but the wait time is crappy.. but i'm not sure where you are or where your referral went..
good luck!
deb
Joanne J.
on 5/9/11 3:54 am - Canada
where did you send your referral? all hospitals are different and id ont think the wait is tha tlong any more i think at least a year it depends on where you doing it
Leslie W.
on 5/9/11 10:07 am - Cobourg, Canada
I am also a newbie. My referral went in last August. End of March this year I receive a letter with date of initial orientation meeting. No other info prior unfortunatley :(

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Mary A.
on 5/9/11 11:14 pm
unfortunatly as this type of surgery becomes more available and popular the waiting times are bound to become longer.

I had my surgery 2 years + 3 months ago and I actually waited an entire year from time of approval - surgery date..I used the time to make positive changes in my eating habits, eliminated pop, started walking more and joined several bariatric boards so I could learn, learn, learn.

Although the wait time may seem like an eternity...hang tough....when it happens you will enjoy your life 1000 times more~!!!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics