Depression - Long time no talk

Arttina
on 5/12/11 1:05 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 03/23/10 with
Thanks Karla. I'm happy to be back too!!! You're looking great!!!!
Hugs!
Taking my life back ... One step at a time because great feats are
completed not by strength, but by perseverance.

Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, let go of what you can't change.

Lisa3756
on 5/11/11 10:29 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Hi.  Sorry to hear about your exhaustion!  I've been seeing a sleep doc because despite being on a CPAP I was still exhausted during the day, to the point of falling asleep at my desk at work!  After messing around with a number of different medications we finally found one that seems to be working (at least most of the time).  I am on a low dose of Zoloft to maintain a balance.  Haven't been 'clinically depressed' in years.  The doc said that sleep is often the first sign of depression.  He said it can also be the last symptom to disappear.  So even if I'm not depressed or getting depressed the sleep problems may still be a lingering side effect.  He prescribed a low dose of Welbutrin.  About 2-3 weeks after taking it I suddenly realized that I wasn't dozing off at work anymore.  Things have been much better since.  I'm still tired in the morning when I wake up and wish I could sleep more but I'm a single mom so tired is part of the job description lol!!  The only time I still seem to have any real issues is during that time of the month.

Hopefully your doc can look into this and give you some help!!

BTW - nice to meet you!
Lisa

Referral sent 2010-03-02
Information session 2011-01-21
Appointment with the nurse 2011-02-17
Appointment with Diet/Behav 2011-03-09
Scope 2011-04-29
Education session 2011-05-04
CT Scan 2011-06-02
Appointment with Dr. Yelle 2011-06-28
Appointment with Dr. Klein 2011-08-16
Surgery - Hopefully!
Arttina
on 5/12/11 1:07 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 03/23/10 with
Thanks Lisa! God I really do hope that's my answer. It's funny, at about 7 months out I felt fabulous and had a ton of energy and it lasted about a month and now this. I hate feeling like this. I really felt I would feel differently and I hope it's still there. I think it will be just as soon as I figure out what it is thats doing this to me. It certainly sounds like it's depression related. I'm prone to it, as most of us are with weight issues. I still struggle everyday. I can wake up and feel 220lbs one day and then 600lbs the next!!! lol It's so bizarre. No regrets though. none at all!
Taking my life back ... One step at a time because great feats are
completed not by strength, but by perseverance.

Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, let go of what you can't change.

Most Active
Recent Topics