9 Days out....

Denise77
on 5/12/11 11:11 pm - Peterborough, Canada
So i am 9 days out ....surgery went well......Ended up having to have a VSG done as my BMI was high and Dr Jackson thought it would be for the best right now....Still kinda get sore if i over do it....My one wound is very very tender and that is where the stomach came out from...not sure how long this will last
But love my little wow's....like when you get on the scales in the morning and your down 3 pounds from yesterday..wow thats impressive,,,,
Thanks everyone for there support and special thanks to My angelKoree!!!!!!!!
charm64
on 5/12/11 11:18 pm - Cambridge, Canada
Congratulations, you seem to be doing very well.

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

Moselle
on 5/12/11 11:21 pm - Athens, Canada
Glad to hear that you are doing well Denise.  I confess I don't know a lot about the VSG; are they able to do a VSG laperscopically or do you get an incision?  Make sure you try not to overdo it, especially this early out.

Take care and make sure you follow the doctors orders.

sam1am
on 5/12/11 11:22 pm
Welcome to the bench Denise!  You're gonna love your VSG!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Denise77
on 5/12/11 11:26 pm - Peterborough, Canada
Sandy did your one incision hurt where they took out the stomach? Mine kills I think it may just be from muscle but wow takes the breath away!
sam1am
on 5/13/11 9:02 am
Hi Denise,

It hurt the most, but not by a lot.  Have you had surgery before?  I still have an indent from that one.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Monica M.
on 5/12/11 11:45 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
So glad that you're doing well. Those little wow's are great, but remember not to base your idea of success on the scale. You will hit stalls, and those will hit you hard. Look for other wows, like being able to put a pair of pants on that were too small before, moving the hooks over on your bra, the changes in your face, etc.

Take it easy, exercise when you can. and sip sip sip.

PINK62
on 5/13/11 4:24 am - Canada
Hi Denise,

I also was in the same boat, went for RNY and had VSG.  It's been 3 mths and although everyone is different I am down about 65 lbs so far.  I am quite happy with my weight loss and happy that there were no complications.  I went today to my 3mth with the nurse at TWH and they are quite happy with my progress.  Welcome to the bench.  If you need any moral support just let me know...

Life is full of challenges...we take things one step at a time...

Mary A.
on 5/13/11 4:37 am
glad you are doing so well..

if I may offer a piece of unsolicited sage advice, do not get in the habit of weighing yourself everyday

ONCE a WEEK is plenty

..because there will be peaks and valleys and from my personal experience and the threads
I have read on several WLS boards..

many of those that weigh themselves frequently end up getting anxious and at times discouraged, especially if they do not lose or they end up in a stall..

...so it's good to start making positive changes at your stage..and keep the scale for once a week

continued success

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

wannabeonehotmama
on 5/15/11 1:13 pm - Ontario , Canada
Hooray for Sleeves!!  Dr. Jackson is adorable, and also very knowledgeble.  Glad your'e feeling good, and yes, my stomach removal scar was the most sore, and is the only one that looks the worst.  (the others are all but gone)   but at the end of the day, I have no regrets!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics