Quinte Area Informal Meeting - Sun May 29

Arttina
on 5/24/11 1:52 am, edited 5/24/11 2:12 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 03/23/10 with
I'd like to invite everyone and anyone who may be interested in some additional support for their weight loss journey. I'd like to have an informal get together to sit and talk about about struggles and our accomplishments in my home. I strongly feel, as well as a few others, that in addition to our weekly coffee nights, that a more intimate environment is needed for some of us on occasion.

I"m hoping to do this once a month and to include both new and old members as well as members from afar.  Let's be there for each other!!! We all share a common goal and that's to be healthy and happy both with ourselves and the numbers we battle with every day.

Please forward this invite to anyone who may be interested. It is open to everyone. Please bring your questions, your input and your concerns!

The meeting will be at 2pm - 5pm on Sunday. There are several newbies coming this week so I'm hoping to have a few of our regulars come along to share their journey. Especially some of you that have had your surgery in Ontario. Although our journey is the same now, post and pre surgery it's a bit different.

Concerns so far are pre-surgery questions and anxiety issues. So if anyone is having issues with these, I hope you'll join us and share your stories.

As I'm not a coffee drinker, if you'd like to have coffee bring your own! Timmies is right around the corner. I am going to be offering some samples of the OH magazine to browse, a taste of the protein banana bread plus recipe that I make and maybe some protein powder samples. If anyone has something to share feel free to bring it along. If you don't, that's fine too!!!
I'm really looking forward to this. I hope to see you guys there!

Edit -  I just realized I didn't give my address. I'm at 37 Benjamin Street in Belleville. Apartment number 101, down the stairs. 613-961-1460

Keep Smiling - Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, let go of what you can't change. My new mantra in life.
Taking my life back ... One step at a time because great feats are
completed not by strength, but by perseverance.

Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, let go of what you can't change.

Kelshy
on 5/24/11 3:29 am - Cannifton, Canada
 There is a local coffee night??!!  I didn't know that!

I would love to meet some local people in the WLS process.  

Chris

Feb 19 2010 Referral to Ottawa         Nov 24 2010 Orientation at TWH
Jan 25 2011 Nurse                               Feb 16 2011 Social Worker
March 10 2011 Psychiatrist                 April 8 2011 Surgeon
Surgery May 9 2011                             Bowel Obstruction/ internal Hernia Feb 13 2013  

Arttina
on 5/24/11 5:16 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 03/23/10 with
There is. I haven't been able to get to many of them and I don't host them but the next time they have one I can ask them to post on here too. You're welcome to come on Sunday! The more the merrier. I know it's hard in the summer as everyone is so busy but I'll be hosting them once a month for sure. Feel free to add me on Facebook too. Tina Sawicki.
Taking my life back ... One step at a time because great feats are
completed not by strength, but by perseverance.

Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, let go of what you can't change.

Most Active
Recent Topics