Well day 2 of carb and sugar cutting for me

Joyce J.
on 5/25/11 4:42 am - Scarborough, Canada
HI all

I had mentioned that I was going to cut out carbs and sugar. Well here I am on day two. When I say cutting carbs I mean extra ones like bread, rice, pasta etc.
I am doing really well, although, I did forget part of my food at home today

I am using my fitness pal to track things.

Of course today one girl brought in hot, fre****alian bread.

I am such an addict when it comes to carbs.
I did go out for coffee last night with friends and we all always have a donut, I had nothing. I took a no sugar added pudding in case I felt I needed something. My friend told me I should have a chocolate dipped donut cause is was the least amount of sugar.
I said to her IT IS STILL A DONUT

It is amazing how many carbs there are in the foods we eat, not even counting the extra ones we eat.

Of course I did this yesterday and weighed myself this morning and had gained a pound LOL.

Anyway, just thought I would give myself a little pat on the back LOL. I know it is only 2 days, but about 2 days longer than I thought I could last LOL

Have a great evening

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

mom4life
on 5/25/11 5:08 am - Port Rowan, Canada
Great job, be proud of yourself...will power is sometimes tough to muster up.  You can do it, you can do it, you can do it...

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
  but anyone can start today and make a new ending.? ~Maria Robinson

HW:  292 lbs          SW:  226 lbs        Clinic's GW:  160 lbs          My GW: 145 lbs

sueberman
on 5/25/11 5:19 am
Good job Joyce, I know how hard it is to do.  I only have pasta once a week and I still haven't had rice and as of today I give up on bread.  Lol.  Let us know if you need more support and we'll sure give it.

Cheers
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

jdance
on 5/25/11 5:45 am - Canada
OH I love/hate those dreaded carbs myself.

this is day 2 for me on my carb purge.

Yesterday (Day 1) is always the hardest, if i can get thru that then the rest of the week seems be so much easier.

Today I've had.

protein shake for breakfast with 1/2 banana
Turkey for snack
Turkey for lunch
Cheese string and yogurt for snack
Dinner will be a bacon wrapped chicken round and that's it.

NO CARBS .

I'll have a turkey pepperette for snack tonight.

Yesterday was pretty much the same.  I can drop 4 to 5 lbs in 5 days with no regain this way. It's brutal but necessary. I'm stubborn and want to hit goal. The rest of the time i enjoy my fruits and vegi's and eat sensibly, but i'm not losing much so i purge once a month. Works for me.

You can do this.

Quinns_mommy
on 5/25/11 5:45 am
That's great Joyce! I am a total carb junkie also! And I LOOOOVVVEEEE donuts!!! Boy I'm gonna miss them.

Good for you for keeping strong and bringing your own snack. And lol on the "you should have a chocolate dipped"... too funny!!!

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
Moselle
on 5/25/11 6:22 am - Athens, Canada
Way to go ladies with the carb purge. It truly is amazing how carbs creep up on us in so many foods.  If it wasn't for fitnesspal I would be lost.
allmylife4
on 5/25/11 7:31 am - Canada
RNY on 03/16/12
Good job on leaving carbs behind. My name is Julie and I'm a carb addict. I love pasta, rice and breads of all kinds. Warm ones are even better. Don't get me started on donuts. I haven't tried to give up the carbs, but I did follow a low carb diet and the first week was the hardest. Keep it up!

Julie    
heatherp
on 5/25/11 10:29 pm - BROOKLIN, Canada
yay for you Joyce! One day(and sometimes one minute lol) at a time. Tracking is an eye opener isn't it? I've been tacking for a few weeks now, the pounds are triiiccckkkklllliiiiinnnnnggggg off...

Most Active
Recent Topics