Food routines..

Lorie S.
on 6/8/11 2:43 am
Ok.. I always thought the protein shakes way to sweet tasting especially after surgery. I switched my morning protein to cottage cheese and tomatoes (2/3 cup cc and 1/3cup maters). I find now that if I do not eat this specifically I get very shakey and ravenous within an hour of eating something else for breakfast. The experience is so uncomfortable that I panic if I run out of cottage cheese or tomatoes.( will even confess to going to the grocery store at 2 am in my pj's because I realized I forgot to pick some up. BTW my desire after the past year of having this combo almost every day has not made me tired of it and I still could, in fact, look forward to and enjoy this 4x a day.

Seriously, I buy 6 lbs of cottage cheese every week like clock work. One week the dairy guy at the local market saw his supply was low and he held back 6 containers for me. (laughing while trying to look ashamed).He always says when he sees me coming he knows he has to get more cottage cheese on the shelf.

So whats your thoughts? Weird food addiction or real physical need for the protein and vits in it? Or maybe I simply love cottage cheese and tomatoes? lol

Have a great day everyone!

Lorie
Marny B.
on 6/8/11 3:24 am - Canada
I feel the same way about boccini cheese and cheery tomatoes with salt and pepper.  for what ever reason, I could eat a salad like this 10 times a day and never get sick of it.  Who knows why??

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Lorie S.
on 6/8/11 3:29 am
Marney! lol I made that with red onions/chickpeas, little bit of olive oil and lots of lemon juice 3x last week. Boccancini is my favorite cheese! Well except when there is cheddar, dubbliner, .... and the list goes on. lol I guess if it says cheese its a go!

Lorie

outta here to get some work done!
birdiegirl
on 6/8/11 3:31 am
Oh where do I begin with my new food "addictions"?

1 - trout....trout ...and more trout....if its smoked its my candy....but I will eat it prepared anyway you want

2. tomato/pepper and feta salad with grilled chicken

3. my own veggie beef soup - eating it now for lunch.....crave it

4. yogurt with berries and a little granola - I pick one up every day from Longo's when I get my starbucks.....I have to give myself a time I can eat it because its the best part of the day

Number one of all of them is the trout....I dream of trout....sigh

Barb

Arttina
on 6/8/11 4:19 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 03/23/10 with
Hi Lori! Long time no speak! For me it's No-sugar Added popsicles! I'm obsessed!!!!!
Taking my life back ... One step at a time because great feats are
completed not by strength, but by perseverance.

Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, let go of what you can't change.

JJ_
on 6/8/11 5:04 am
Welllll, food addiction to stuff that is good for you.  Better than the alternative! 
Monica M.
on 6/8/11 6:08 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
it sounds like what you're experiencing is the right combination of protein and good carbs, that regulates your blood sugar in the right way. You could probably find another combination that works as well, but why bother, if its working for you, and you're not getting tired of it.

Most Active
Recent Topics