OT-MyFitnessPal question

Kelly D.
on 6/14/11 2:11 am - Toronto, Canada
I'm 6 weeks post RNY and I've started using myfitnesspal.com  It's a great tool and I've been getting in all my proteins and all my fluids, eating pretty much everything.  Each meal is no more than 6 oz. total.  However, I'm always below 900 calories and the tool keeps telling me I'm not eating enough and that I'm putting my body into starvation mode.  Are calories a factor at this point?  I lost 26 lbs in 6 weeks (including Optifast) and now I've hit a two week stall....Any suggestions?
(deactivated member)
on 6/14/11 2:32 am, edited 6/14/11 5:11 am - Toronto, Canada
MFP works on the basis that anything below 1200 cals for a woman is starvation mode.  The settings dont take into acct. WLS so I would ignore that warning. 

I'm still pre-op but Ive never been told anything about calories - just portions and protein amounts. 

Cant help with the stall issue...but congrats on the weight loss so far!

ETA:  All of us who do use MFP - we should contact Mike [the owner/creator] and suggest he make adjustments for weight loss surgery people.
sam1am
on 6/14/11 4:43 am
Hi Kelly,

I agree with Simona, myfitnesspal is unaware that we are surgically altered.  Just ignore it.  You'll get to 1200 calories eventually!

Your stall will break, just keep doing what you're doing!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

kellybelly333
on 6/14/11 5:19 am - Toronto, Canada
Hi Kelly...lovely name btw

Just ignore the message. I use it too and have it set to 800 calories with 70 grams of protein as my target. I keep thinking that one of these days it wil say, "you are eating few too calories, and will be dead by Tuesday." lol
happypants
on 6/14/11 6:04 am - Ottawa, Canada
Kelly>>>>>>>>LMAO 

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Kelly D.
on 6/14/11 7:26 am - Toronto, Canada
Thanks everyone, from now on I will ignore that I'm starving to death and just keep on tracking.....LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics