Post- Op Appt in Ottawa

CdnGal
on 6/15/11 9:45 pm, edited 6/16/11 1:29 am - Canada
      So yesturday I had my post op app. in Ottawa.  I did well, I am down 31 pounds!  That is so exciting!  Everything looks good, I can go swimming in a week, and next week I can begin integrating more soft foods slowly into my diet since I am doing well.  I still can't eat anything more than 1/4 c and that is OK with me and with them.  While is was there I also saw the nut. which was unscheduled and that too went well.  Jennifer told me the same thing as the nurse in terms of introducing soft foods into my diet and taking my time with it.  I brought over a card with Tim's gift cert for 2 of the nurses, and Beatrice was one and she didn't even recognize me at first.  I had to laugh at her.  She is just so nice.  I am very happy and satisfied with the level of care in Ottawa thus far. 
     I am walking in the morning for an hour and I am usually able to get in another hour walk in the evening.  Once our dock goes in this week, I am hoping to kayak through the day too.  Just waiting for the dock!!!  I also let my dh know that the next big expenditure is for me:  I want to get a paddle boat! ha ha!
Lil-Stinker
on 6/15/11 10:16 pm
omg I love lakes - I used to spend a lot of time on the dock when i was a kid - leaning over and fishing lol - we used to catch mostly sun fish but there was a big "grandpa" fish that we always tried to catch but he was too freaken smart and would out manouver us and steal out bait. lol. Good for you Joanne - 31 pounds is a lot.. you must feel a major difference.
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
Karen M.
on 6/15/11 10:27 pm - Mississauga, Canada
You're doing great Joanne, good for you :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Sirene
on 6/15/11 10:30 pm - Ottawa, Canada
That's great to hear Joanne!!! You sound like you are really doing well!!

Lil: I have one of those fish here too...I call it "The Taunter"...it's always jumping out of the water but I can never catch the little b*$tard!!

This summer....HE IS MINE!!

Except if its a catfish.....then he can go back.
I am terrified of those things!!

Jennifer  

charm64
on 6/15/11 10:41 pm - Cambridge, Canada
Great job, you are doing really well. 

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

Moselle
on 6/15/11 11:38 pm - Athens, Canada
Way to go Joanne.  Sounds like you are really working your new tool.  Keep up the good work. I can hardly wait to see you!

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

pinkjellybean
on 6/15/11 11:50 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
31 pounds is amazing!!  you're doing so great!  Keep it up!

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

JJ_
on 6/16/11 12:09 am
Great news!  Glad to hear you are doing so well 
Terry45
on 6/16/11 1:38 am

Well Done! Hope to see you at the community support meetings! Keep being so inspiring!

Cheers

Terry45

CdnGal
on 6/16/11 1:41 am - Canada
Thanks everybody, I really appreciate the support.  So now I at my  'Alaska' weight.  This was the weight I was when we went to Alaska a few years ago.  (3 years)  I am hoping next for my 'workout with a trainer weight' which will be when I drop another 15 pounds.  (2 years ago)  I am looking forward to that b/c at the time I did everything right, and nothing.  It was heartbreaking.  I worked so hard and yet the scale never budged, and I mean we are talking months (5+) of working out and notta.  Notta- how does that happen???  My trainer couldn't understand it.  I was muscular, and losing some inches but nothing to write home about.  I can't wait to break that weight barrier.  Finally after that my 'wedding weight' which will be 35 pounds from where I am now.  Then after that, I have no idea b/c I can't ever remember a time when I was smaller than that- perhaps elementary school??  I feel confident and perhaps overly optimistic now b/c of the surgery and with exercise that I will be able to meet my goals.  I do have that little small devil though inside me that says that I will never make onederland- I will be one of those people that it doesn't work for.  These head games... it's tough.  Losing weight is absolutley the toughest thing I have ever had to do in my life.  And I  fear that it will be a lifelong battle.  Thanks once again for your support!
Most Active
Recent Topics