Help a girl in waiting!

BrigitteD
on 6/26/11 1:25 am - Sumerstown, Canada
My request was sent in November of 2010 to the Ottawa hospital.  I had the first information session at the end of March.  I'm still waiting for a call back for the next step.  I just can't wait to start my new life. I'm married with 4 kid's Boy 15, girl 4 and twin's14 months! Ijust want to be healty for them and myself.   Anybody out there who's has deal with the ottawa hosp can give me advice on how to get the ball rolling a little faster or has number's I can call!  Thank's!

Highs weigh   241                                      Referal: November, 2010
Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

(deactivated member)
on 6/26/11 1:51 am - Guelph, Canada
 I am not dealing with Ottawa.. but from what others have said.. the ball rolls at a slow pace everywhere.. I am not sure if Ottawa has the same pre surgery tests that Guelph does but its worth a try to call and ask the clinic so that at least thats out of the way

H-pylori
upper GI series
sleep study

are the ones needed for Guelph
Typoqueen
on 6/26/11 2:19 am
Ottawa seems to be one of the centres that have the longest waiting times. How to get the ball rolling? Well IMO if you feel you have waited longer than what they indicated to you at your information session then give them a call to see if things have changed since then.

You could question them if letters are still the way of contact or if they are calling ppl due to the strike.  I Have asked in the past if their are cancellations list for appointments and was  told no.. but you could always see if that has changed. There might be other tests that you could ask your family doctor to take care of, if you have other health issues. So that when you meet the nurse everthing will be all in place. That for sure will help so you don't have to wait after you see the nurse. I found that is what has made me wait a little longer.

Then all there is to do is maybe attend some support group meetings, troll the boards here and wait....It is something that I am now an expert at I think:) Good luck and keep us posted!!

BrigitteD
on 6/26/11 5:26 am - Sumerstown, Canada
Thank's for the advice!  keeping you posted!  Congrat's on you sing a surgeon on the 23!
Brigitte!

Highs weigh   241                                      Referal: November, 2010
Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

JJ_
on 6/26/11 2:34 am
My request was sent in September 2010.  My first appointment was with Dr. Wicklum in December 2010.  She indicated that the wait time for surgery was 2 years.  Then at my next appt with her on February 24th, she said that a bunch of people opted to be sent to Toronto (HRRH) so the wait time went down to 4 months.....I am wondering when the 4 month wait period starts!!  LOL

I attended the WLS info class on April 1st.  My next appt with Dr. Wicklum was May 18th.  At that appt, she said she was taking care of the APN appt.  My next group of appts is on July 7th (Behaviourist, Registered Dietician and again with Dr. Wicklum).    After I meet with Dr. Wicklum I am sent to the front desk to book my next appts. 

So, do you not have appts with a doctor there? 

Good luck,

Judy
BrigitteD
on 6/26/11 5:10 am - Sumerstown, Canada
No appointement with the doctor for now, they told me 4 months till I get my surgery date, like you said because lot's of people whent to toronto.  I can't wait anymore,my body his so sore! Thank's for you're guidence.  I was under the impression that the 4 month waiting periode started after the info session.  They had even daid 2 month's if I decided to go to toronto.Thank's again! Brigitte

Good luck to you to, keep me posted!
sturgeon082
on 6/27/11 12:05 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
I am in the same vote as you, but I had my follow up appointment already made for Aug. But when I called to see if there was something else I could be doing she just said that the list is so long and they are getting to everyone as fast as they can and to be patient. I hate the waiting too, but I guess it is worth it in the long run!

BrigitteD
on 6/27/11 1:15 am - Sumerstown, Canada
well I guess all I can do is wait and work throut the fact that my life will change for the better. I just need to be patient! Tank for ensering, it helps to see that It's not just me waiting, it's just the processe!  Brigitte.

Most Active
Recent Topics