Happy Canada Day everyone...It has been awhile.

Betty Jo L.
on 6/30/11 6:01 am
 Hi everyone happy canada day to all. So I have some crazy questions. On a scale of 1 being not painful and 10 unbareable. What was your pain like after surgery? I might be setting myself up for being over nervous but I just wanted to ask. I am not scared at the moment just more anxious then anything cause I want to be heading to the losers bench also. Just a waiting game right now. I had breast reduction and a lift and the pain was bareable. My nephew is like OMG your going to be a super model by next summer BTW his only 5. I was red in the face but cried at the same time his so sweet that kid
 Be Happy and live your life to the fullest          
Kerry F.
on 6/30/11 6:22 am - Bolton, Canada
I guess everyone's pain tolerance is different but mine was bearable.  My surgery was at 9am and I don't remember any pain on that first day.  Day 2 I felt some - maybe a 5, but they were giving me painkillers through my IV so it was well managed.  Day 3 hurt - about a 7 but I had forgotten to ask for pain medication because my IV was out by then and i was on my way home.  Once I took a percocet, it was down to about a 2.   Day 4 was pretty good - hovered around 4 or 5 all day and by Day 5 all I had was mild discomfort and I haven't had any pain meds since.  Hope all goes well.  I was really anxious in the days leading up to surgery but am so glad I did it.

P.S.  Your nephew sounds like a cutie pie...you WILL be a supermodel!! :)

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

Monica M.
on 6/30/11 9:53 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
pain tolerance is so incredibly individual. I had virtually no pain. I took morphine while in hospital mostly because it made me sleepy. I had zero pain at home. my breast reduction was way more pain.

Eileen C.
on 6/30/11 10:11 am - Cornwall, Canada
Hi Betty Jo

After my RNY surgery the only pain I had was gas pains and they were managable by walking and

releasing the gas LOL, but as for the surgery pain, I wouldn't have known I had surgery but for the fact
that I knew that I had an operation but no pain meds etc, didn't need any.

Like everyone says, we are all different, and some have pain and need meds and some don't, I feel I

was lucky and did not require any.

Take care

Eileen
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
wls123
on 6/30/11 12:49 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Hi....I had virtually no pain.  Had surgery on Friday morning and I was up later that night for a quick walk.  I had a shower on Saturday.  I think the only medication I took was liquid Tylenol.  The hospital sent me home with a prescription for pain killers but I never needed it.

Good luck with your surgery!

Jodi

Optifast starting weight 272 lbs
Surgery weight 256 lbs

My Angel is Sheri139        
Betty Jo L.
on 7/1/11 1:35 am
 Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post and responding. I sure hope to get lucky and have no pain cause I am not one for pain whatsoever lol
 Be Happy and live your life to the fullest          
Most Active
Recent Topics