Ottawa to Humber transfers

MS Miller
on 7/2/11 12:31 pm - Nepean, Canada
Hi,

Just looking for some feedback on the wait times / time frame from when you transfered from the Ottawa WLS to Humber WLS.

I did all my tests and even the WLS final 3 hrs session, and was just wondering if anyone has done tis and how long it took to meet a surgeon at Humber. Ottawa said it would take 30 days to get our files to Humber, wonder if they are using horses? LOL

Sue

Surgery Sept 13th 2011 Dr. Hagen 
Allyson A.
on 7/2/11 8:36 pm - Seeleys Bay, Canada
I requested that my file be transferred the 1st week of February 2011 and 3rd week of February 2011 I got the call.

HW 318  SW 291 

DeeCanada
on 7/3/11 4:39 am
Believe me it won't take long mine is about the same as A's  but be prepared to

1) Meet the Surgeron on one day
2) Go for PATT at the hospital another day
3) Go me the Internest that will follow you while in hospital.
They really do try to get it all in one day if they can...but other people are trying to do the same...

And...if you can try to go on the surgeons cancellation list...mine was moved up a month.
 All the best

dee
MS Miller
on 7/3/11 5:39 am - Nepean, Canada
Thanks A and Dee,

They said it might be two appointments before the surgery one with Surgeon then one with the anatheseologist/Internist and to get Optifast ( or we can get it in Ottawa )

What is PATT ?

Thanks
DeeCanada
on 7/3/11 7:17 am

First you will go to MIS...google MIS Toronto..it has surgeons that they use.
So the surgeon will give you your date.
PATT ..patient testing..is at the hospital itself...it is the pre-blood work..etc...I had ECG, bloodwork, chest X-ray and visit with the Anathesologist.
Then I went next door to Dr. Glazer. my internest who will follow me while in Hospital...once discharged i go back to Ottawa..
d

MS Miller
on 7/3/11 8:41 am - Nepean, Canada
Thanks Dee

Surgery Sept 13th 2011 Dr. Hagen 
Most Active
Recent Topics