Shingles

ladydi1234
on 7/2/11 10:43 am - Canada
Anyone else run into the problem of shingles after surgery? I went to emergency yesterday and they said it could be because of my weakened immune system..I made the mistake of ignoring it at first and thought it was just a rash and needless to say I am in trouble now. Just be very aware of your body after surgery and any unusual symptoms should be checked out!
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!
SURGERY DATE                  MARCH 11 2011               
Just let me get through one more day!

allmylife4
on 7/2/11 10:57 am - Canada
RNY on 03/16/12
Hope you feel better soon. I caught the chicken pox from the kids about 5 yrs ago. I feel your pain. I highly recommend the Aveeno oatmeal bath. Very, very, very soothing. Don't forget to change your sheets on a daily basis. Once again feel better soon. Hugs

Julie    
me_and_da_boyz
on 7/2/11 12:19 pm - Canada
I got shingles post up as well... bahh, it was horrible and they told me to be really aware b/c we are succesptible with stress as well.  for some reason it comes back with stress adn my doctor warned that it may come back if i'm not keeping up fully with my diet, vits, water etc as that causes stress to the body as well :(
Good luck - I hope that it gets better soon and that you don't give anyone chicken pox - I gave it to both of my vaccinated children, that was a hellish few weeks....

Heather

ladydi1234
on 7/2/11 12:44 pm - Canada

Thanks for the support .. it really hurts I must confess and never saw this one coming but it makes sense as there is a lot of stress after surgery as well.!  Oatmeal and vitamins here I come!

SURGERY DATE                  MARCH 11 2011               
Just let me get through one more day!

Nesha_Bless
on 7/2/11 3:24 pm - Canada
 i had surgery three weeks ago and i have a rash thats getting worse its tiny water bumps like chicken pox, could it be that i might caught shingles? i was wondering about it and its spreading all over my body
MY ANGEL IS JOANNE J.

Karen M.
on 7/2/11 8:48 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Shingles are extremely painful - you'd know if you had them.  Go to the Dr. and get the rash checked out, especially since you say it's getting worse.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Monica M.
on 7/2/11 10:42 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
you should definitely check it out. but just to clarify you don't "catch" shingles. You get them because the virus is in your body already, and comes out when you're under stress or your immune system is down. It's the same virus as chicken pox. So, if you've never had chicken pox, you can't have shingles.

Karen M.
on 7/2/11 8:49 pm - Mississauga, Canada
UGH - how awful for you!  My mom has had them a few times and suffered SO much with the pain.  Best wishes to you.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

paula-37
on 7/2/11 10:15 pm - brantford, Canada

Hi I had singles and it is very painful.at first wheni got them i ignored it too.good luck and i hope you get rid of the shingles.all the best of luck to your on your wls journey.i wish you all the best.take care .sending you hugs and positive healing vibes.
SINCERELY YOURS YOUR OH FRIEND ALWAYS
PAULA(paula -37)

Monica M.
on 7/2/11 10:40 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
shingles is the chicken pox virus coming out of dormancy, it can resurface during periods of stress or weakened immunity. it can be quite painful and very annoying.

Most Active
Recent Topics