Contacting HRRH?

NorthernStar
on 7/4/11 9:56 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
My referral was forwarded onto HRRH from Guelph and I want to follow up with them, just to make sure it has been received. Should I follow up with the registry or directly with HRRH? Does anyone have contact information? I have been scouring the registry website and HRRH site and can't find contact information for the bariatric clinic.

Anyone BTDT?

Thanks in advance!
Monica M.
on 7/4/11 10:04 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
just phone HRRH and ask for the Bariatric Clinic. they'll put you through.

Allyson A.
on 7/4/11 10:07 am - Seeleys Bay, Canada
The number for the bariatric clinic at Humber is 1-416-747-3720. They will be able to tell you if they have received your referral yet.

Hope this helps.

Allyson
HW 318  SW 291 

on_my_way2011
on 7/4/11 10:09 am - Canada
Coolmitchgirl
on 7/4/11 12:06 pm - Addison, Canada
Question about this ladies, I was recently referred to Ottawa and after doing somemore research I think I would prefer Humber, I called my gp and they told me to find out how to send a referral to Humber, like a ax number or acreferral form Humber needs, any ideas how I go about this, Ottawa hasnt called me yet, should I call them and ask for a transfer already or call Humber and ask them???
onikenbai
on 7/4/11 2:26 pm - Canada
You can try calling Humber directly, but I bet they're going to tell you that the registry works by postal code and that unless you can come up with an extremely compelling reason why Ottawa won't work for you, you're stuck with Ottawa.  If your only after care person lives in the GTA and you would otherwise be alone after surgery without this person (hint hint) that might prompt a transfer.  If you just like Humber's waiting time better, then you're probably out of luck.

Considering I've been to at least 7-8 different appointments on different days for Humber, that is a lot of trips from Ottawa.  The surgeon is in only Mondays, and the social worker and dietician not on Mondays or Fridays, but the class is only on Fridays, so there's only so much grouping of appointments you can do.  If you're from Peterborough then it doesn't matter much because it's just driving one way instead of the other.  If you're from Ottawa, then that is a right pain in the butt.  After your surgery if you have any complications you have to go back to the same hospital where your surgery originally took place and I had to agree to be within 2hrs of HHRH for I think it was 2 weeks after surgery.  If you live closer to Ottawa, that means you're going to have to hang out in Toronto for a long time.

I can tell you for sure that if your GP sends a referral directly to Humber it will go in the bin because I've listened to that conversation more than a few times while sitting in the waiting room.

mamaty
on 7/6/11 1:58 am
I switched to humber in January because my file was sent to ottawa and I had heard NOTHING from them. I called and they only confirmed they had my file. I requested it be sent to Humber because it was closer (im smack in the middle of the two) they did so for me. I received a call from humber for my first appt within the week. I am very please with the hospital up to this point. My surgery date is on Aug 15th.

My mother however is still trying to get through the system with ottawa and it has been two years now...

If you can switch I would say go for it.

suebdc
on 7/4/11 8:13 pm, edited 7/4/11 8:13 pm - Kinburn, Canada
VSG on 01/26/12
Hi,

When you have your info secession in Ottawa they ask if anyone is interested in going to Humber, they have you put in on the sheets they have you fill out. I have been told I have to attend some other classes in Ottawa before they send your file to Humber.

My referral went in July 2010, info secession was March 14, and I am waiting to hear about the next appointments.

Was also told they would book you for 2 or 3 appointments on the same day in Humber and the after care would be in Ottawa.

Sue
NorthernStar
on 7/4/11 9:49 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
Thanks very much for everyone's replies.

I was initially referred to Guelph through the registry, so I called them and they forwarded my referral directly on to Humber. They were really nice about it.
Gabygee
on 7/4/11 11:22 pm - Canada
I have informed the Bariratic Registry folks that their website's listing for the HRRH Bariatric Programme's telephone number is incorrect.
They thanked me and told me they would fix it.
Good luck all of you.
My experience at HRRH was very good.

Most Active
Recent Topics