Internist verses Surgeon Appointment: Questions to ask Dr .STARR?

Muddymark
on 7/15/11 7:28 am
Hi
Just wonder what to expect at the Internist appointment and the surgeon appointment?  What questions will they ask?  What questions should I ask?  Does anyone have any comments regarding Dr. STARR?

sweetvania
on 7/15/11 8:31 am - mississauga, Canada
the internest is just gonna go over some of your medical history with you, do ecg and check your blood pressure to make sure u r clear to have surgery. if you have any questions for your surgeon this is a good time to ask them, i dont personally know dr star but i imagine he is a good surgeon as he is in the same office as my surgeon but u would be best to ask some of his patients but i am sure he is excellent  congratualations on your journey this far keep it up xxoo
RNY 07/05/11 dr klein!!! love it soo happy xxoo!!
Nathalie_Can
on 7/15/11 1:41 pm
Hi there,

I also have Dr. Starr, met him for the first time 2 weeks ago as I did with Dr. Glazer, the Medical Internist.  Like the previous post, the internist did an ecg, blood pressure, and since I was told earlier in April to get a Sleep Apnea test, he looked over the results.  Not sure if he'll request it from you but be prepared that he might.  But it went well with the internist, the receptionist is really nice and patient.

I had a very good "first impression" from Dr. Starr.  Very calm, very patient, took his time, I didn't feel rushed.  He explained the different kinds of surgeries and then went over the RNY again.  Then took a minute to ask me if I had any questions.  And the only ones I wrote down was - How long does the surgery take & What do I do with my meds (diabetes)

Happy journey!
Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Most Active
Recent Topics