Cleared for surgery ...yipee !

mamaty
on 7/26/11 10:25 pm, edited 7/26/11 10:27 pm
Super excited. I went to St. Joes Toronto yesterday and I have to say the drive was the most stressful part of the whole day.<br />
<br />
I went to the pre-admission spot first but was supposed to be at Dr. Smith office ...so.. I went to see the doc, signed my consent form, picked my Optifast up and went back to the other building to meet with all the other doctors etc. Here's what happened at my admission testing...<br />
<br />
First I went into a room where I was weighed and they took my height then I was taken to another room where I met the nurse, she asked me questions about my health and medical history. Then explained pain management, and what happens on the day of surgery..<br />
<br />
Next I was hooked up to a monitor to check my heart..looked good<br />
<br />
Next I met with the medical doctor who checked my vitals ..asked me same questions as the nurse did.<br />
<br />
Lastly I met the anesthesiologist he asked just about all the same questions as the others..<br />
<br />
Then I waited..assuming I would need to give blood or urine or something...but a lady came in the room and said I was all done and they would see me on the day of my surgery..asked about giving blood and she said she asked and the doctor said it wasn't needed ..and joked about me being young lol..<br />
<br />
So yeah, I start Optifast on August 1 st for two weeks then in for surgery on the 15 th ...can't wait and I can't believe its really guna happen<br />
<br />
Have a Great Day Everyone !<br />
<br />
Erin<br />

Linda C.
on 7/26/11 10:49 pm
Wahoo!!!  WTG Erin.  You are on the fast track now.  Time will go by so quick!

Congratulations!

Linda C.
_______________ My  is jennifer_rpn______________________________
Includes 72 lbs lost prior to Optifast;  additional 20 lbs lost on Optifast

BrigitteD
on 7/26/11 11:02 pm - Sumerstown, Canada

Congratulations!  You are almost there lucky you

Highs weigh   241                                      Referal: November, 2010
Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

Nathalie_Can
on 7/26/11 11:20 pm
Very exciting isn't it!
All the best to you!
I can't wait for next month to cross that road!

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Brandy S.
on 7/26/11 11:25 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Congrats, what exciting news!!!
Brandyyy  
aprilbennett1965
on 7/26/11 11:49 pm - Canada
Congratulations Erin!!
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

Tanya T.
on 7/27/11 12:03 am

Congratulations Erin!!!  We have the same surgery date but I am in Hamilton at St. Joe's!!!!

Tanya

JJ_
on 7/27/11 12:03 am
Congrats!!
Radiogirl39
on 7/27/11 12:19 am - Canada
Congratulations!  And good luck with the Opti.

Julie

sam1am
on 7/27/11 2:12 am
Congratulations, Erin!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics