First day of OPTIFAST AND.............

Betty Jo L.
on 7/27/11 1:52 am
I konw this is repeating what everyone else is posting. This is just me venting as I truely in a bad mood today haha. 

OMG is all I have to say. Today is my first day of optifast. It tastes good but omg it made me puke up a storm. Maybe cause I am hungry like a crazy fool and the sweetness IDK. Plus I been going to the bathroom like three times in a row..I know I know TMI haha..Has anyone gone through this stage first day out? I can't even hold down water right now my stomach is so turned upside down. I have had two whole shakes and a half so far. My Surgeon has me on three full shakes and 1 shake split for snake in between. I keep telling myself hang in there it will get better.

Thanks for reading my vent post,

Betty Jo
 Be Happy and live your life to the fullest          
Leanne1
on 7/27/11 2:20 am - Newmarket, Canada
I think you need to space your shakes out... this is the way I would plan it:

B- shake (8am-ish)
water water water
L- shake (12-1pm-ish)
moooore water
1/2 shake
S- shake (5pm-ish)
mooore water
before bed- 1/2 shake

Are you having 4 full shakes per day?
I would drink the other 1/2 shake just before bed, to hold you over til the morning. You are going to go to the washroom alot as your body is starting to clean itself out. You are also going to have "head hunger" After a few days it will/ should pass...

Good luck :D You're going to do great :)

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Gabygee
on 7/27/11 2:32 am - Canada
She's right. You're dumping the fat from your system.
Your liver is de-fatting - be happy.

I do wonder about the puking though.
If this continues to a second day, you might want to consider whether you have something going on that's unrelated to the OptiFast (eg. a gastrointestinal infection like Noro).

Not that it'll make any difference - Noro passes quickly (albeit violently) and on the upside, you'll lose a lot of weight quickly!

I drank clear teas I had stuc****cubes in, when I was on OptiFast, and it quelled th worst of the hunger, and kept me hydrated.

Betty Jo L.
on 7/27/11 2:39 am
 I did space my shakes out B - 8:30 am, water and water then Lunch shake at 12. Not sure why my post went at 9:40 am lol. I will use your template to guide my shakes along thanks for the info. I had the following that was given to me.

B - 8 am shake
Snack: 10 am 1/2 shake
L - 12 pm Shake
Snack - 4 pm 1/2 shake
S - 6 pm shake

Plus water in between this all.
stewartjackie
on 7/27/11 2:36 am - Pickering, Canada
 Wow, it must do different things to different people. I've only pooped once and I started on Monday, maybe that is losing the fat in my diet. I was o****il last night when I couldn't sleep I was so hungry and my stomach was rumbling. I see that lots of people are doing it so we can too! Good luck and I'll keep following.
Jackie
Joanne J.
on 7/27/11 2:44 am - Canada
Hi there i went through that same thing my tummy turn upside down i had runny belly but is because its cleansing it will pass, and i know about the hunger it wasn't easy for me Ive been on the optifast 2 weeks now i still am 1 more week but i don't get hungry much at all..and i have to take 4 shakes a day every 3-4 hrs i take it.you will feel better in the next couple days..if it continues speak to the doctor or nut..
take care

Jo x

Betty Jo L.
on 7/27/11 2:58 am
 Thanks for the advice Joanne...goodluck with your up coming surgery. From another post I am thinkig that yeah I may have a bug of some sort cause with reg food the same thing was happening the past few days. I am not sick flu wise or anything. Only when I eat but then maybe it was just nerves. I will give it at least two more days and see what goes on.
PatXYZ
on 7/27/11 5:29 am
Are you also having pain and bloating? If so, get thee to a H.pylori test! If you're only vomitting after eating, rule out ulcers before you have surgery, you'll be glad you did.
CanDoItFour
on 7/27/11 3:26 am - Canada
Hi Betty Jo

I had trouble with the sweetness too, and solved it by really watering the Optifast down.  In other words, make a bigger shake, drink it more slowly, and cut back the amount of your plain water in-between shakes to balance it all out.  This really helped me a lot. 
Claire
linda11665
on 7/27/11 3:55 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hi Betty Jo...Today is my first day on Optifast also....Seems there are alot of us who started this week....My hunger is not so bad....But I do drink alot of water....And as for dumping....well it's been twice for already....

People at work think I'm very thirsty with the amount of water they are seeing me drink....If you look at previous entries you will see it will pass....My anger did....I was so angry on Monday....So you will see, one step at a time...as for the stomache issues....well I think it's nerves also....

Take Care
Linda

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
Most Active
Recent Topics