Feeling bad and selfish

hobbithands
on 8/10/11 2:45 pm - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 So I am reading every where the obit written by the woman in N.S. And I feel terrible for her wait. I am so antsy and just want at least my first appts that I feel like a selfish ogre!
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/11 2:53 pm, edited 8/10/11 3:05 pm - Canada
I've been following her story too and feel bad for anyone waiting for this surgery. I went through the process pretty quickly. I felt bad for those who were waiting and waiting BUT this was ONE THING in my life I needed to be selfish about. I can't change wait times. The only thing I could do was support others who were waiting.

Be selfish about this - if nothing else in your life, be selfish about getting healthier and living a longer life.
JJ_
on 8/10/11 8:57 pm
Amen :)
happypants
on 8/10/11 11:39 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Well said Simona!!

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

ms_dar
on 8/10/11 9:32 pm - Canada
I agree that it is very sad that anyone should have to wait so long to get medical help, however, it is really just a reflection of our health care system.  We are lucky to have the care that we do have but it is still sadly lacking.  I am very thankful that I had the opportunity to have surgery and I am enjoying my weight loss.  In a perfect world I would like to see everyone have all the care that they need but sadly this is not a perfect world.  Enjoy your surgery and say a prayer to help those who are still waiting.

Monica M.
on 8/10/11 10:32 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
yes, i feel bad for people  in other provinces who don't have the access to surgery that we do, here in Ontario. A good friend of mine had her WLS here, and then moved to NS. (luckily she moved there afterwards). They also have NO coverage for plastics, not even what we do here (which is barely better than nothing), so she can't have plastic surgery cuz she can't afford it.

We're all canadian, we should all have the same access to life saving surgery, but the sad fact is that we don't. I wonder if there's any way we can support our fellow citizens to the east. I wonder if they can at least have "out of province" surgery, the way we used to have to go out of country?

Most Active
Recent Topics