Surgery in the Morning...what should I be bringing?

mamaty
on 8/13/11 8:56 pm
So I am leaving for Toronto tonight so I can be bright eyed for my surgery tomorrow. What I need to know is am I supposed to be packing my measuring cups, spoons, and protein supplements for the hospital or are they provided.....as well I am bringing my vitamins, am I supposed to? .....

I think I packed enough stuff, even had room for a straightener so I can tame my bangs after I shower......I'm such a girl lol....

Oh and sorry if this msg shows up strange its written on my phone

Thanks for the Help

Erin

cayleighsmom
on 8/13/11 9:04 pm
RNY on 06/05/12
Best of luck tomorrow!! You will be in my thoughts, keep us posted.  Sorry i can't answer any questiuons, but hopfelly not to far in the future you can answer them for me

Barbie
DeeCanada
on 8/13/11 10:34 pm
The only thing to bring is your CPAP if you have one...until you are out of surgery and in your room you don't need anything.  I did not have a shower for the time I was there (2 days ) but had a wash down from the Nursing staff.
I did rent the TV so that I could time when I could have my next mouthful...about every 2nd commercial, so if you do not want a tv there bring a watch to use...
Toothbrush, toothpaste and Deodorant and a comb or brush...and something for your feet as you will probably be up and walking around the next day...
I had my husband hold on to eveything until the day after surgery...
Good luck !!! It is an amazing feeling this journey that we are all taking or trying to take...

d

Tanya T.
on 8/14/11 12:05 am
Best of Luck tomorrow Erin!!!

I will see you on the bench!! My surgery is tomorrrow as well! 

PS - I was told not to bring too much

Tanya

NurseTammy
on 8/14/11 2:51 am - Hamilton, Canada
Tanya!  I can't believe it's your day tomorrow! I can't wait to hear about it!
Tammy
328 - Highest Weight
305 - Surgery Weight- July 26th, 2011

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 5:11 am - Canada
it so crazy how exciting and nervous i am,  i know of myself and you and maraty getting done tomorrow....i am only one going ottawa....getting up at 5 am to get there....best of luck and cant wait to see you on the bench.....
mamaty
on 8/14/11 12:10 am
Thanks same to you ...I have a small bag with comfy pants tanks and sweaters...as well as undies and sports bras, and personal hygiene stuff....its one of those little rolling cases ....not crazy big....but now that I don't need all the extras that's great lol
(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 5:09 am - Canada
it is crazy omg we are getting done tomorrow in different places.....we will do great looking forward to seeing you.....best of luck my friend
Megan M.
on 8/14/11 12:52 am - Canada
Good luck tomorrow - things will be so different for you!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 12:58 am
Don't forget to have a pillow in the car. Put it between your tummy and seat belt for a comfy ride home. Good luck tomorrow and we will see you on the bench!
Most Active
Recent Topics