Optifast and Dr Smith

Teasha H.
on 8/17/11 9:20 am - north of Barrie, Canada
Hey two things...

Did anyone have to drinkd the Optifast for 6 weeks?

Did anyone have surgery by Dr Smith?
look_out_world
on 8/17/11 9:42 am - Canada
 Hi there

I was lucky and got to do Optifast for 4 weeks.   I do know of someone who did 6 weeks.   I really enjoyed it and found the trick was focusing on the end result.   It really does help to shrink your liver in preparation for surgery, but it also helps you with the constant bad eating habits.    I can't imagine having the surgery and then just all of a sudden get to only eat 1/4 cup of food. lol
It's not easy tc but honestly it'll be the best thing you ever did for yourself.   There are lots of us on this forum that will help you out and give you all the support you need!!!!  Good luck with your second chance at life journey!!!!
Verona

99mickey
on 8/17/11 11:18 am - ajax, Canada
I am on optifast for 6 wks.  I am on day 14.  It was very hard in the beginning as I didn't like the taste but I am now doing my 4 shakes a day.  The key for me was and is using ice,  the colder the better.  I am also using a straw to help with the taste problem. 
     My  is stewartjackie

KristieA
on 8/17/11 11:49 am - Orillia, Canada
Six weeks is quite a bit, but there is a reason I am sure. I had Dr.Smith and he is fantastic. If he is giving six weeks then he must be concerned about making sure your body is ready for the surgery.

You are in good hands. If you need to chat just let me know.

P.S. There is a great support group in Barrie. I am not able to make it this Saturday (20th), but they are very helpful. If you want details let me know. Sharrol is the leader and a wonderful person.

Kristie

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Teasha H.
on 8/17/11 12:35 pm - north of Barrie, Canada
Ah thanks to you all I appreciate the feedback.
JJ_
on 8/17/11 6:21 pm
 I am in Ottawa, and for everyone the timeframe on Optifast is three weeks.  In some centres it goes by your current weight.  If you weigh less than 300lbs then you do two weeks of Optifast. If you weigh between 300 and 400 you do three weeks.  I would hazard a guess that you currently weigh over 600 lbs.

Good luck in your journey!

sam1am
on 8/17/11 9:51 pm
 Your profile has a bmi of 43, so that's not very high to have to do six weeks!  You must have a very conservative surgeon.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics