A milestone

sroberts
on 8/21/11 12:57 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
I just wanted to share an amazing thing that is happening in my life.  I started out this journey at 468lbs, I am now 245 and have started to run.  Run!! Me!! I haven't run in about 15 years or more and I am so excited!  I will be taking part in a running clinic for beginners that starts in September.  If I can do this, anyone can.  WOW!!! I never imagined that I would be able to run again.  I have a question though - I have lots of loose skin and I want to find some kind of bodyfitting garment like a wetsuit that will help keep me together while running.  does anyone have a suggestion or experience with running with loose skin?
thanks, susan
I can do all things through God who strengthens me.            
ericaFG
on 8/21/11 1:27 pm - Cambridge, Canada
I didn't use it - but heard people suggest underarmour? It is a support garment designed to prevent chaffing?

I'd be homest and ask at your running clinic. I'm sure they've seen this issue and would have a recommendation.

Good for you!!
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/11 2:43 pm - Canada
Congratulations on the weight loss and the running! Both are amazing accomplishments!
Karen W.
on 8/21/11 10:25 pm - Canada
Congratulations on the running!  You might want to ask your question on the "exercise and fitness" board, I expect you will get more responses.  Good luck!

RNY April 11, 2011       

Nathalie_Can
on 8/21/11 10:39 pm
wow, waht a milestone it is!
Great amazing feeling it must be!
Good job - Well done!

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

stewartjackie
on 8/22/11 1:00 am - Pickering, Canada
 Funny, my girlfriend, who lives in Port Dalhousie, just told me about underarmour, it keeps things in place, but breathes so you don't sweat. I think she said she got it from Sport check. She loves it. 
Good for you for accomplishing so much, that is truly wondering.

Most Active
Recent Topics