Travel for business after surgery????

Monica M.
on 8/22/11 10:46 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
that's nearly two weeks. Just remember to get up and move around periodically during your flying. Food intake will be your challenge, and getting in enough fluids.

Remember, that surgeons only consider the surgical recovery part of your recovery. When he says you'll be fine, he likely means that your incisions won't come apart, and your insides will take it ok. He/she doesnt think about the tiredness, the difficulties you might face with eating, that sort of thing. He's a "mechanic", to put it bluntly. All the functioning bits will function fine, but the way you personally are recovering might be different, and might need more time.

ericaFG
on 8/22/11 11:53 pm - Cambridge, Canada
I flew from Toronto to Victoria at about 10 days out and was fine. Some things were hard:

Carrying my bag. I packed light, but pulling it kind of hurt
Eating - hard to find "puree" food on a trip.
Stamina - I was TIRED. slept about 10 hours straight when I got there. And needed a nap during the few days I was there.

But doable. Just decide how important it is to you. Also, plan a backup in case you have a complication or something that delays your recovery...
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Most Active
Recent Topics