Humber

Teasha H.
on 8/26/11 5:56 am - north of Barrie, Canada
I have to bit I am getting a bit anxious as I am going on Monday to my Information Session and Tuesday for the gastric surgery class and I have my doctor app booked and my bone density booked but now will it take forever to get the rest of my appointments?

Just heard that they are now short a dietitian and the hospital so getting that app may be hard
on_my_way2011
on 8/26/11 7:45 am - Canada
Although they are short a dietician, they still have four.  They got a little backed up as they rescheduled the ones that were booked with Sue, but I would imagine they will get back on track quickly.  I had orientation in June, SW, dietician, surgeon, RN and gb class all in July and I am scheduled for surgery Sept. 27 (and my dietician appointment was after Sue left).

If you are willing to go to St. Joe's on The Queensway (Toronto, not Hamilton St. Joe's) you may move a little quicker. 

After the info session they called me within days to book all of the rest of my appointments except final surgeon meeting, PATTS and surgery.

Tracy

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

Radiogirl39
on 8/26/11 7:53 am - Canada
Don't worry, time will fly.  My SW, dietitian, nurse appts were on July 26th.  Because they are short a dietitian my follow up is booked for  Sept 17th.  It sounded like forever, but September is now looming and the month has gone quickly.  You will have an appt with the Internist in there somewhere as well, he is the one that clears you for surgery based on medical history and an ECG they do in the office (so prepare to get topless for that appt, I was NOT expecting it, lol).  Also the dietitian will probably give you some goals to attain (like decaffeinating, starting portion control, going off carbonated drinks etc) and will want you to come back.  They may even book the surgery, but will not do it until the dietitian clears you.

It may seem like it's taking an eternity, but there will be appointments in between and time to mentally prepare, read some books and get advice on OH.

Julie

Teasha H.
on 8/26/11 1:19 pm - north of Barrie, Canada

Thanks for the info

Most Active
Recent Topics