thank you everyone sooo much!

Pam B.
on 8/30/11 2:56 pm
I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to all of you for your wisdom and courage to go on this journey.  When I became a member of this forum I was still undecided as to whether I wanted to go through with the rny.  I was still attending all of my appointments, but not sure if I would actually follow through with it.   After being on here for just about a month my decision has been made.  I would also like to mention that I had done a lot of research on the matter as well.  There are far too many pros over the cons for this surgery.  I guess I thought that I wouldn't hear from "real' people who have gone on this journey and have to rely solely on a doctor's perspective.  It is such a relief to know that this forum exists!  I read posts and have learn so much from all of you.  I know that it is not going to be an easy road, but now I know that I have a support system (other than family) who has been there done that or is about to do it!! I can't wait to get my surgery date!!!  I know that I am just rambling now, but it is very hard to say all that I want to say to convey my gratitude for all that I have already learned and am going to learn along the way.
So long story short, again thanks!!!!
Pam
  Pam
         Referral Sent: February 2011   Surgery Date: November 2, 2011 by the fantabulous Dr. Gmora!!!    
ToNewBeginnings
on 8/30/11 7:59 pm
All the best to you Pam! Let us know when you get your date!
mom4life
on 8/30/11 8:05 pm - Port Rowan, Canada
Pam,

Every one of us had questions, moments o*******n and moments of dread and fear...I doubt that a single person could tell you with absolute honesty that they didn't question their decision at least once along the way...all perfectly normal. 

When I found this sight, I was looking for the same answers you were, a different perspective and I think I was searching for someone to tell me (like they had a crystal ball and could see my future) that I didn't need the surgery and that this final "diet" was finally going to work for me and I would lose all the weight on my own.  I was expecting people to tell me that this was a terrible mistake and don't have the surgery, you'll regret it.  When I came right out and asked the question the overwhelming response was that there was only one (very common) regret - not doing it years sooner.  I can tell you 100% honestly, that I too only regret not doing this for myself years ago.

This forum was and continues to be one of the most helpful tools available.  They should almost call this an accessory to the surgery.  LOL

Wishing you all the best on your journey!
It's a long road, but ohhhh so worth every step!!!

Glad you found us, and that we have been of some help to you.  Hope we continue to be.

Lori

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
  but anyone can start today and make a new ending.? ~Maria Robinson

HW:  292 lbs          SW:  226 lbs        Clinic's GW:  160 lbs          My GW: 145 lbs

Brenda T.
on 8/30/11 8:29 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I hear you with all the thankfulness, I feel the same way.  I have just joined but I have been looking on here for quite some time and can't believe the infor and support!!
Keep us up to date.  All the best.
Brenda
Monica M.
on 8/30/11 8:34 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
happy to be helpful to you, Pam. I love this forum (even with all the faults we have) it truly is a source of 'real' people and real information.

Radiogirl39
on 8/30/11 11:27 pm - Canada

What a nice post Pam.  I was in the same frame of mind when I joined and it turns out you get 95% of your information from the people willing to share here and only 5% from the professionals you see along the way.  The doctors, nurses, NUT's etc that you meet are giving you the basics based on what they see.  The people here are living it.  Such a valuable resource!

I'm gratful too
JULie

Most Active
Recent Topics