2nd appointments?

Teasha H.
on 8/31/11 2:27 am - north of Barrie, Canada
Have any of you had to go back for a 2nd visit to the SW or dietitian?  If so why?  I have these app this month and want to make sure I am prepared so I don't have to go back.
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/11 2:30 am - Guelph, Canada
 i dont need a 2nd with the s/w but i do with the nut and the nurse... it is to see how you are doing witht he changes that were recomended... and the nurse will go aver your blood work and let you know if you are lacking in something... or if there are any other steps you need to to 
Teasha H.
on 8/31/11 2:34 am - north of Barrie, Canada
You dont have to answer this but is it by any chance becasue you gained weight or didnt change your eating habits from when you were referred?  I am worried about that because
I have gained some and although I have all the book and I am trying I know that if I have to go back for 2nd app is will take that much longer to have the surgery and I am so anxious!
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/11 3:21 am, edited 8/31/11 3:24 am - Guelph, Canada
I am with the Guelph clinic so things may be different for each clinic...so bear that in mind..

if there is a reason for the weight gain.. like a medication or if you had say broken a bone that did not allow you to be more active then there is a reason...

the Gulph clinic has never (yet) said to me that I need to loose X - lbs before surgery...they do however have a sign in the waiting room... something to the affect of... weight gain will tell us you are not serious about making changes...

if you have an HONEST food journal... and an honest activity log then I would not worry to much

I think 2 sets of appointments is routine at guelph... I did have about 15lbs weight gain from referral to my 1st set of appintments .. BUT there was also over a year from my referral to the first set too! .. i was told by guelph the second set was to go over test results and to see if we had made progress with the suggestions they gave us at the first set of appointments that were 6 weeks ago.. i have my second set on tuesday afternoon
on_my_way2011
on 8/31/11 2:56 am - Canada
I had my appoints at HRRH and I didn't have to have second appointments with anyone except the surgeon.  I saw the surgeon at the beginning of the process and then again to book surgery and buy optifast.

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

Monica M.
on 8/31/11 2:58 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i didnt have to go for a second appointment, but i've known people who did.

Show them that you're prepared and ready.

Answer questions honestly and openly, accept advice given to you

start and keep a food diary (that includes the reasons why you ate what you did i.e. bored, tired, angry, hungry)

Lynette1962
on 8/31/11 3:04 am - Whitby, Canada
 I didn't have to go back for any second visits although tomorrow I find out if they have accepted me for surgery OR if any second visits will be scheduled. 

As noted previously, just be honest - don't worry if you have gained a few pounds since the referral (so did I) - that is why we are all here....

I completely get that you are anxious about this - lately I haven't been sleeping as I wait for their decision.....the team is great and very easy to talk with. 

Hope that helps....

I have reached my goal weight ..... and LOVE my RNY !!!!!!!!!

Teasha H.
on 8/31/11 7:22 am - north of Barrie, Canada
Thanks to all of you I really appreciate the answers.
tasha_the_dog
on 8/31/11 11:52 am - Thunder Bay, , Canada
In Thunder Bay you have to go back for a second appt.

Referral to Thunder Bay Bariatric Centre July 2010 Orientation Class August 2010
Appointments with dietician, nurse practitioner and psychologist September/November 2010   Ultrasound November 2010
Scope June 10, 2011, meeting with surgeon Nov 29, 2011    surgery  VSG Jan 20/12
Surgeon: Dr. Gmora
HW 287

CW 169

Most Active
Recent Topics