Question about Humber

Teasha H.
on 9/4/11 2:57 pm - north of Barrie, Canada

Can I see the internist before the dietitian?

Lorraine M.
on 9/4/11 3:40 pm - Canada
Hi,

I am going through Humber also. I met with the surgeon, social worker and dietician (same day appointment)  before I saw the internist. I failed the dietician (she didn't like me at all) so I had to go back a second time with her. I think you have to pass those ones first otherwise what is the point of going to the internist?. Was it something specific? You could call the office and ask the person who scheduled your appointments.  

Teasha H.
on 9/4/11 10:44 pm - north of Barrie, Canada
I was just wondering because I have app on wed with the surgeon and I don't see the dietitian till later in the month and I was hoping to see the internist before that..

Why did she make you come back?  What did you have to do?  Did you have to wait a certain amount of time to then go back to see her?
Tristan Shular
on 9/5/11 3:59 am - Barrie, Canada
hey there lorraine
i have to go back and see the dietician and social worker for a second time.....is it really because they dont like you? lol i didnt feel very comfortable with either of them to be honest....so im not looking forward to my 2nd visit.
i got to see the surgeon that same day too though.
Jennifer D.
on 9/5/11 1:08 pm
In Windsor you have to see the dietician and social worker twice, 8 weeks apart...
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
Quinns_mommy
on 9/4/11 9:25 pm
I saw the internist, Dr. Zupnick, before I saw the dietician and social worker. :)

Good luck with everything!

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
Teasha H.
on 9/4/11 10:46 pm - north of Barrie, Canada
ah thanks for the info.  Just a few questions if you have a min...
what happened after you saw him?  You just finish your other app and then go back to see surgeon to book your surgery?
(deactivated member)
on 9/4/11 10:43 pm - Canada
Yup!

The appointments are booked based on availability. I saw the dietician, social worker and Internist all on the same day.
Teasha H.
on 9/4/11 10:49 pm - north of Barrie, Canada
Hmm interesting, I may just have to see if I can see the internist while I'm down there this month twice anyway.  Did you have to see the surgeon before your internist?
Radiogirl39
on 9/5/11 10:56 am - Canada

I think it's just a matter of scheduling.  I have to go back to see the dietitian too.  Mostly I think they have people come back that haven't started making changes yet.  They will give you goals and have you come back with a report on those changes.  If they don't feel like you have been able to make changes they will not clear you for surgery.  Dr. Sohi told me he would book the surgery but it was dependent on the dietitian passing me. 

As for the internist, they didn't ask about where I was in the process.  He is just there to medically clear you for surgery.

JUlie

Most Active
Recent Topics