Ottawa Timeline

chipmunk_roasting
on 9/7/11 8:07 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
I called the Ottawa WMC today, with a question concerning the package I received at the July 8, 2011 Orientation.  (I wasn't sure when I should book the ECG.)  I know we were told at the session, but I forgot, and hadn't written it down.

In any event, I was told to wait to book the ECG until after I received a telephone call for my first appointment.  The ECG needs to be within three months of that appointment and the blood tests, of course, are to be done within a week of the first appointment.

I asked if it was appropriate at this time to mention that I am available for any cancellations, etc., and was told no.  They are, at this point contacting people who had their orientation sessions in March, so I'm still on the long track I was expecting. :)

It was good to see so many people at the Support Group meeting on Knoxdale last night.  I hope to see you again. 

Marilyn

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

Chickenboob
on 9/7/11 8:35 am - Rockland, Canada

Marilyn,

I find that response strange......I had my orientation mid-Feb and I had my surgery in July... I did go the Humber Route, though.

My first appointment was the March, 23 rd with the Weight loss Nurse, Nut and Behaviorist.  I was then put into the humber class on March 30th. I do know that they are down nurse right now.

Keep positive, it seems slow, but when things start moving, it goes pretty fast!

Kirsten

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

chipmunk_roasting
on 9/7/11 9:21 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

That's a wonderfully efficient time line, Kirsten;  I envy you.  

I've indicated that I, too, would be willing to go to Humber.

I know they told me in July that the timeline from orientation to first appintment was then eight months;  I'm still looking at March 2012 for that critical first appointment.

Thanks for the response and best to you on your journey.  (I shall keep my envy hidden. )

Marilyn

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

happypants
on 9/7/11 8:48 am - Ottawa, Canada
Took me 19 months from the time my referral went in to surgery.

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

chipmunk_roasting
on 9/7/11 9:25 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
Thanks for the response;  I'm thinking along those lines, too.  Anything faster, I'm delighted.  Within that timeframe, I'm not disappointed.   :)

Manda M.
on 9/7/11 9:32 am
from referrel to surgery,, I am 20 months in and just waiting for my call to meet my surgeon (I'm out of Windso)
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

chipmunk_roasting
on 9/7/11 9:35 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
Oooh, I hope that goes well for you.  Thanks for the response. 

Typoqueen
on 9/7/11 9:08 am
Great to see you out last night Marilyn!!!
I am the same as Ann... about 17 months from referral to surgery date. But I did what you are doing, went to meetings, met some great ppl, trolled the boards and asked questions.  Keep us posted on your progress.
It is always nice to see how things are moving for everyone.

See you soon :)

Kelly

chipmunk_roasting
on 9/7/11 9:29 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
Thanks, Kelly :)

What a good group -- you helped this newbie feel welcome.  I really appreciate that.  The information sharing is particularly helpful.

Cheers! 

t uppence
on 9/7/11 9:22 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hi Marilyn, its been a long 21 months for me.  I'm still waiting for surgery as you can see by by stats.
Penny Lynn                                                                  
"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning but anyone can start today and make a new ending".. 

Referral sent Dec /09   Info class  Feb/11    Nut/Beh/Int May/11    Education class Sept/11   
Surgeon appt  Oct /11

Most Active
Recent Topics