Hotels..anyone.....I am going to Scarborough for Plastic Consult??

Mary A.
on 9/14/11 5:02 am
anyone live in the area and coulc provide recommendaitons for hotels?

I have done the searches on Expedia/Travelocity/Kayak etc etc...

and it's  toss-up between Days Hotel and Conference Centre on Don Valley Parkway

OR

Monte Carlo Inn & Suites Downtown Markham

anyone have any other suggesitons...there are plenty of hotels but I would like to stay under $110 with a pool if possible

I read the reviews but it's always better if someone I am acquainted with in some way actually knows what the hotel is like

TIA
stewartjackie
on 9/14/11 5:50 am - Pickering, Canada
 Hi, where is Scarborough is your consult? and what area are you coming from?
I'll check a couple of the ones in Pickering that are really close to the Scarborough border, and probably cheaper than Markham, it tends to be quite expensive for everything.
I live at the Scarborough/Pickering border.
Jackie

sueberman
on 9/14/11 5:52 am
I have never stayed in a hotel in scarborough, but I wouldn't stay at the one in Markham, some of them are just too busy too.  I would look into the Best Western Executive Inn or Holiday Inn Express Toronto East - they're both right at the 401.
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

joanne_1970
on 9/14/11 6:07 am - Harriston, Canada
I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express right off the 401 a number of times and it is very nice and clean, unsure about a pool but they do have a workout room.

Joanne

mgmrich
on 9/14/11 9:36 am - Ontario, Canada
I stay at the best western on 38 estate drive.  I book online...no refund special...got the room for 91, it has a pool and hot breakfast, rooms were nice.

My PS (Dr. Nan) is in Scarborough General Hospital.  I dont drive when I'm there and it is roughly a 13$ cab ride.  I am not familiar with hotels around there so went with word of mouth and was told it was the closest to the hospital.  Not sure if that's true though.

Marianne
Starting BMI: 48.8 (NOW 27.8) Comorbidities: Hypertension (GONE), High Cholesterol (NORMAL NOW), GERD (GONE), Sleep Apnea (RESOLVED)

MINI GOAL: 180lbs (Reached, yay), next MINI GOAL, 175 lbs (Reached, Yay), GOAL 170 lbs
(Reached, Yay), GOAL 160 lbs (REACHED...YAY!!!)

on_my_way2011
on 9/14/11 12:09 pm - Canada
Ask about a medical rate if it is a hotel close to the hospital.  Often they will give a discount if you can show an appointment card or something.  The office can probably email you an appointment confirmation or something so you have proof of an appointment.

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

Mary A.
on 9/14/11 10:39 pm
thanks everyone I am going to Scarborough General for my consult and I will definatly check out the suggesitons provided.

I am very appreciative, because as I said it always gives me a piece of mind if someone I (sort of know) can validate a hotel or say (NO WAY) as it has been provided in this thread.

THANKS AGAIN~!!!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics