Men do I ever need to have this surgerie!

BrigitteD
on 9/19/11 5:43 am - Sumerstown, Canada
So I got on the scale today. Last time  I was on one of those was at my orientation I was at 235 and now 6 months later 245!  I'm 4f 11inch. I can really fell this extra wait.  I'm scared now of what the wlc will say. Maybe I should be doing another diet.  I've already stop alcohol, pop and coffee consumption 3 months ago. I don't eat after 6pm and being the mom of 5 including 18 months old twin girls I'm always on the go. Any suggestions? And should I be worried  that I did not loose but gain? What will the wlc say?.  Thank's for any help.
JJ_
on 9/19/11 5:51 am
Take a deep breath.....breathe.

The WMC knows you have a problem with food.   You attend the Ottawa WMC?  I know my weight fluctuates up or down 10 lbs. all the time.   Don't worry about it.  You have taken positive steps to cut out certain items, and prepare for surgery.

Judy
Monica M.
on 9/19/11 5:56 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
you'll be ok. You're taking steps in the right direction. You'll be ok, honestly.

Try tracking your food, write down what you eat, have a piece of paper in the kitchen or use an online program (fitday.com or myplate at livestrong.com) if you've got a computer handy.

( I have twins, mine are 20 yrs old. I wish i had done this when they were as young as yours, rather than waiting 19 years to realize i wasn't getting that "baby weight" off by myself.)

Mary A.
on 9/19/11 6:09 am
do you keep an honest food journal??? if you do, calculate your calories and write them at the bottom of each day in red.

your body will not lose weight simply by cutting out a few bad habits...especially if you are not doing anything to increase buring of the calories you are presently consuming.  & your body will go into starvation mode if you try to do this too quickly

best bet is, write down everything you eat and the calories/carbs etc related..you have made a valiant effort to begin....it's all a journey and patience is the key

you could very well be retaining water...weight fluctuates daily..that's why people having this surgery SHOULD NEVER step on a scale every day or even every other day because they become discouraged.

You may feel that you are getting enough exercise in looking after 5 children..and I can't say that you aren't...but if you compensate your body with the same amount of calories..you won't lose weight....that is why programs like Weigh****chers have a point system etc..to have people accountable.

Try reducing SLOWLY, your portion sizes (place your food on a small salad plate instead of a regular dinner plate...chew each bite at least 25 times before swallowing...try cutting out white bread, rice, pasta..even for a week..all of these small changes do add up to + results.  Sure it may be difficult with having a large family but the sonner you start making these changes (across board) for your entire family the easier it will be for you AFTER surgery

Keep your chin up....you have made a great start.

All the best

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

BrigitteD
on 9/19/11 10:25 am - Sumerstown, Canada
Thank everyone, tomorrow I'm starting my food journal! I already eat wheat pasta, bon matin bread which have no fat no sugar.  Maybe I'll tray more snacks fewer portion.  Thank for the info and encouragement.

Highs weigh   241                                      Referal: November, 2010
Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

Monica M.
on 9/19/11 12:21 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
and start with protein, do 40% protein, 30% each of carbs and fats.

Radiogirl39
on 9/19/11 2:06 pm - Canada
The same thing happened to be Brigette.  6 wks between appointments and I gained 10 lbs despite making some changes.  So I now have a VERY limited wardrobe as my clothes were already a bit snug and my ankles swell to at least twice their size every day now.  But I DID make changes that will help with the habits of eating and my caffeine addiction so I will have less issues when the time finally arrives.  The dietitian cleared me with a warning to not gain any more or I will be more likely to have complications, and I take that seriously.

You are doing great and keep up the changes and try to have a positive attitude. It's a process. Good luck

Julie

Most Active
Recent Topics