Hi, skinny!

Karen W.
on 9/21/11 12:03 pm - Canada
So I went to meet a girlfriend for coffee tonight and her greeting to me was "Hi, skinny!"  I've read posts from other people saying that they have been called "skinny" and how that felt, yet I wasn't prepared for this.  I think I'm still in shock... but in a good way!  Skinny?  Me?  Well, not yet, although I am only a few pounds away from being "overweight" instead of obese.  But, comparatively speaking, I guess I am looking considerably smaller these days. 

It left me feeling pretty darn good.  I think I'll wear something that I look great in tomorrow and keep the feeling going!

RNY April 11, 2011       

Eileen C.
on 9/21/11 12:11 pm - Cornwall, Canada
Hi Karen

Congrats Skinny 

I know how you feel with the great compliment LOL, I feel the same thing when someone calls me

either skinny or they will say "Look how tiny you are" and I am thinking "Oh yeah! Right!"

But they are being serious, and you are right by saying that compared to a few months and pounds

ago, they do see us as "skinny" LOL

Take care and bask in the glow, you earned it LOL 

Eileen
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
jdance
on 9/22/11 4:33 am - Canada
Wow Eileen,
You are looking great, Like the new look.

J

sorry to hijack.

Eileen C.
on 9/22/11 4:49 am - Cornwall, Canada
Hi J

Thanks, I will take all compliments when anyone is giving them, they are greatly appreciated, LOL

You are looking HOT HOT, LOL 

Take care

Eileen  
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
Brenda T.
on 9/21/11 12:27 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
How exciting!!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

ToNewBeginnings
on 9/21/11 9:22 pm
 I can't wait for someone to call me skinny!!!!!
jdance
on 9/22/11 4:36 am - Canada
HEY

Megan M.
on 9/21/11 9:44 pm - Canada
What a great feeling!  Definitely wear something awesome.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Christina C.
on 9/21/11 10:08 pm - New Glasgow, Canada
 my parents call me that all the time, now...keep telling them I am going to gain it all back from my head swelling if they keep it up...but its a great motivator!

mom4life
on 9/21/11 10:16 pm - Port Rowan, Canada
It is a great feeling!  Enjoy it, you deserve it!!!

A similar feeling for me came from a saleswoman in a clothing store.  I was looking for a new bathing suit, end of season clearance and asked if they had any left.  She said "We only have a few left, over in our plus size section, so I am really sorry, we don't have any that will fit you."  She didn't know it but she paid me one of the greatest compliments ever!

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
  but anyone can start today and make a new ending.? ~Maria Robinson

HW:  292 lbs          SW:  226 lbs        Clinic's GW:  160 lbs          My GW: 145 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics