not fair

charolli
on 9/27/11 8:24 am - Canada
as a member of the health care profession who has never used my position to "jump the queu", i think it is so unfair that i can attend the same centre and then have to go on another wait list for surgery. I have gone thru TWH and once i attended ORT my process was pretty smooth. I did not need to have any "extra" tests done and was so pleased when i had my surgery consult on Sept 9th. So imagine my surprise seeing so many TWH patients who had their consult at the same time as me or later having surgery dates in Sept or Oct. So why am i frustrated, angry & "BLUE" well it's because i was one of the unlucky ones who got a surgeon at St, Mikes. Apparently i am waiting for a surgery date sometime in 2012...no idea when. In fairness to all, it should be first come....first served....we are all on the same path of improving our health. Does anyone know if there is a mechanism to address this inequity???

RW 272; OW 248; preopW234.5, CW 168
Referral August 2010, Ort May 25, 2011, Surgeon consult Sept 9, 2011, Surgery Nov 21, 2011

Eileen C.
on 9/27/11 8:32 am - Cornwall, Canada
Hi

Sorry to hear of your issue of the timeframe for your surgery date

If there was anything I could do or suggest, I certainly would,

Just remember, anything good is worth waiting for

Offer to go onto a cancellation list for the surgery, may help to move you ahead

Take care and good luck with your upcoming surgery date

Eileen 
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
Brenda T.
on 9/27/11 8:34 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I'm confused... you were assigned to TWH and then they gave you a surgeon at a different hospital? How come? I thought if we are assigned to TWH then that is where we have our surgery... no?

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/11 8:42 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
TWH, St Mike's and Toronto East General are all under the University Network so you could go to TWH for appointments but still be assigned to one of the other 2 for surgery.
Brenda T.
on 9/27/11 8:56 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Well that TOTALLY SUCKS!!  I agree, if they are joined then they should schedule it all thru the one place, even if it is for a different hospital. 

You're right, it's not fair.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

charolli
on 9/27/11 8:44 am - Canada
TWH is the regional centre, but you could be assigned to have surgery at TWH, St Mikes or Toronto East General. My journey started over a year ago and i feel no closer to the end. I even have delayed my degree studies thinking for sure it would be this fall.

Referral August 2010, Ort May 25, 2011, Surgeon consult Sept 9, 2011, Surgery Nov 21, 2011

sueberman
on 9/27/11 8:50 am
I waited 20 months for my surgery, when I complained about people who had put their referral in 6 months after me already having had their surgery before i even got my first appt my original doctor dropped me - and this was before the registry - now i'm very glad he didn't do it - some things work out for the best.
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Brenda T.
on 9/27/11 9:06 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
So did they say it would be 2012? Or that is what you think it will be.

charolli
on 9/27/11 1:14 pm - Canada
When i called on Monday, i was told my surgery date would be next year and she could not even provide me with an estimate of when in 2012!

Lorraine M.
on 9/27/11 9:27 am - Canada

Call them and ask to be changed. or can they transfer you to Humber? humber told me that they book the surgery date from when you start the process and even then then it is usually just 2 months from when you finish dietician and social worker.

I know that must be so frustrating. Good luck,

Most Active
Recent Topics