Referral from TWH to St. Joe's is finally happening with help from the Registry!

PatXYZ
on 10/3/11 4:36 am
Ok, so last Friday I left a message for the Registry telling them about the difficulty I'm having with my referral to St. Joe's Hamilton. This afternoon I got a call back from a helpful woman who is looking into it for me and is hoping to have it sorted out very soon.

What seems to be the problem is the emails from TWH asking permission to refer me to St. Joe's Hamilton have not been received by the Nurse Manager who must approve the referral before TWH can send my file (it ends up they have not sent my file as I was told earlier, they had only send the referral email asking permission to send my file, so this was part of the confusion).

The thing that gets me, is I've been calling St. Joe's and telling Krista that the person at TWH has sent two emails, the first was back on August 18th, and if she'd like to confirm that fact, here is her contact information - and the St. Joe's people won't contact TWH to confirm this and just keep telling me that they haven't received anything. The TWH people will only resend the same email to the same address that they have for referrals, which St. Joe's doesn't seem to receive. So it's a sort of impasse.

But the woman with he Registry is willing and able to act as the go between and hopefully get TWH and St. Joe's talking to one another and get this taken care of. Hopefully the transfer can be approved today or tomorrow and the file transferred within a couple of days, and once St. Joe's has it in hand, I can book my appointment with Dr. Hong. With any luck, it might even happen before the end of the week (dare I hope?). 
sam1am
on 10/3/11 5:16 am
I hope things are finally moving for you!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Brenda T.
on 10/3/11 5:22 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Oh my goodness, what a bunch of red tape. So glad things are moving now. Great job at contacting the Registry.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

JJ_
on 10/3/11 5:58 am
Ahhhh, how you do spell relief - c-u-t-t-i-n-g t-h-r-o-u-g-h r-e-d-t-a-p-e.
seebs
on 10/3/11 11:05 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13
Hello Pat XYZ

Do you know if I was referred march 21 2011 if I can get my stuff moving any quicker if I go somewhere other then what I assume will be guelph?

I was referred like I said march 21 2011 and told I will not get the orientation package or invite until April 2012 ... what are you thoughts?

help if you can thank you.

seebs        

PatXYZ
on 10/3/11 10:51 pm
I was referred in November of 2010 and went through the entire assessment process at  TWH this past summer. I met with a surgeon in August at TWH who agreed to refer me to a particular doctor in Hamilton to be considered for alternative surgeries to the RNY because TWH does not schedule any surgery other than the RNY. If you want to be referred elsewhere where it is likely to be more quick, the Toronto hospitals, particularly HRRH have shorter wait times, but you'll need to demonstrate to the Registry why you should be moved elsewhere (for example, say you have family/support in the Toronto area that will assist you after surgery).

Good luck! 
pinkjellybean
on 10/3/11 11:08 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
Gosh Trish this has been such an ordeal for you!!  I hope it gets sorted out as soon as possible!

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Most Active
Recent Topics