Civic Hospital Weight Management questions

Sharstar
on 10/3/11 4:46 am - Canada
 Does anyone know if this is something I can do after surgery? I would like to lose 20-30 more lbs and want a medically supervised program. I believe they do the optifast shakes too.

Shari
My journey of a million miles begins with a single step

JJ_
on 10/3/11 5:37 am
Hi, not sure of the answer to your question, but the best way to know would be to contact them and ask!

Good luck,

Judy
(deactivated member)
on 10/3/11 10:46 am
I did the weight loss program at the Civic campus a few years ago.
It is intensive in that you have to attend a 2-3 hour meeting once a week for 26 weeks and be followed up for another 26 weeks.
The cost is free except the optifast which you are on for 12 weeks (I think).
You are weighed every week and get access to a nutrionist and doctor along with weekly meetings that discuss the emotional issues of weight loss.

With that said you have to have a certain BMI for that program (not sure what) so you might not qualify but as others have said just call and ask.

Erin
Sirene
on 10/3/11 1:47 pm - Ottawa, Canada
You can call and ask, but my guess is that if you only have 20-30lbs left to lose, then no. You can still be followed by the clinic if you have had your surgery and I am sure the dietitian can help you out but I think that you may not be a candidate for the Optifast program.

BT...what do I know....call and ask :)
Good luck.

Jennifer  

Catnip
on 10/4/11 8:55 am - Ottawa, Canada
I think there program is optifast based.  Would that be enough protien?  Plus it is totally a slider food since you have no pyloric valve. meaning the liquid would leave your stomach quickly and you would be hungry.  Maybe it is a better idea to stick to real food?

Why don't you try Dr Douglas Bishop, He is on Carling and has a good program. I do my Surgery follow up with him, and I think he is great.

There is also Dr Yoni Freddoff, I know people *****ally like him. When I was doing research I remember his program being much more expensive (then Bishop's) and app't intentsive which didn't work for me. 

Good luck,

CNC

Citrate or Bust (a few bones) !
catnip.gif picture by catnipcook

Sharstar
on 10/4/11 9:40 am - Canada
Thank you all for the replies. I have a small confession to make as well. I have a close friend who has gained a significant ammount of weight in the last couple of years and I know I still have a bit of weight to lose myself so I was hoping that this could be something her and I could do together cause I know it would work for her if she had someone to do this with. I am quite worried about her as she has serious health concerns related to her weight. But I will however help her look into this. I used to go to Dr Bishop and havent been in quite some time but I will also give her that option as well. I thought this would be good for me but reading your posts and reading about the program online I believe it is not the right one for me.

Shari
My journey of a million miles begins with a single step

Most Active
Recent Topics