may have to postpone surgery (vent!!)

Pam B.
on 10/12/11 4:18 am
I am so upset right now, I may have to postpone my surgery for a few months. 
I run my own daycare out of my home and things are not doing so hot, so I have had to go elsewhere to look for employment.  I have had two interviews with a company for a full time position and feel confident about it (but will not count my chickens before they are hatched!).  If I get this position I feel that it would probably be best if I get through the 3 month probationary period and am a full employee before I have surgery and therefore be in a better position to take the needed time off.  I have been so looking forward to getting surgery and am so close, but my family comes first!  I do know that it will happen for me, it will just take a little while longer that is all.

thanks for listening, I just needed to vent!
  Pam
         Referral Sent: February 2011   Surgery Date: November 2, 2011 by the fantabulous Dr. Gmora!!!    
Monica M.
on 10/12/11 4:23 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
is it possible for you to delay your starting date, if you are successful at getting the job? Sorry, i didnt look at your surgery date, so this may not be an option for you, but something to consider, if the dates work out right.

Like, i would tell them, if they offer you the job, that you have surgery booked, which you could put off, if necessary, but if they would be willing to let you start on a date 4 weeks after your surgery or something like that...

Joy D.
on 10/12/11 4:51 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Altho Jobs are importaint and so is ur family, but so are YOU  I'm not sure as why YOU are having this WLS but i will be safe to assume for your health so YOU can be around much longer to enjoy the life with your family, Jobs will aways be there even after your secure for the 3 month grace period some employers will and can find a reason to get rid of you  for taking at least the 2 to 4 weeks off that you will need for recovery. 

I would keep the surgery  date as they are hard  to get as it is and just  look for work during your recovery  time, don't mean to sound harsh but your health is more important them a job .. time to do something for your needs bc right now its all about YOU, You come so far now to put a halt to your new beginnings.

i wish you good luck and all the best in your decision, and ur life's journey/ 

Joy

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Brenda T.
on 10/12/11 6:08 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I wish you all the best with whatever decision you make. Keep us posted.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

RubyTues
on 10/12/11 7:11 am - Canada
I feel your angst.. but look at it as you now have three more months to get yourself all prepared and having financial security so you can recoup worry free post op is one of them. I don't know what clinic you are in but in ours they told us that you pick up right where you left off so there wouldn't be any more waiting at the bottom of the list should you have to postpone.
Pam B.
on 10/12/11 7:17 am
i don't currently have a surgery date, but my clinic is now booking for Decemberish so I would only need to put it off for a few weeks, but it is kind of a downer and I really need this job too due to the fact that as of Dec.1 i am pretty much unemployed.  Thank you all for your support and I will keep you posted as to what is happening (I may or may not get the job anyway and if I don't I am not going to ask for a postponement for surgery, but if I do I will most likely put it off until the 3 month propationary period is over, right now it is just a wait and see game and I am sooooo not a patient person!!  LOL)
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 7:42 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Since you don't have a surgery date yet or the job yet, I'd not worry too much just yet.  If the job offer comes first then take it and once they call to give you a surgery date, it's easy enough to say I am not available for surgery until ???
Pam B.
on 10/12/11 12:05 pm
this is exactly what I was thinking Tracey.  Thanks for your input!
JennR
on 10/12/11 9:33 am
Oh wow, what a tough situation! I can so see how difficult this would be because jobs are hard to come by but you know that even though there would be a delay you would still be on the list for surgery. Well I guess it'll be a matter of waiting to see if you get the job and go from there. Best wishes.

ShrinkingHopefully
on 10/12/11 5:31 pm
 Just more two cents to add to the pile but in this economy and job market getting and keeping a job is important. Yes your health is important but there are not always more jobs.  Maybe think of it this way, you can still make your health important. Just use the time to take care of yourself, start exercising, making lifestyle changes that will stick later. Putting off the surgery does not mean your health is not important, you can still take care of yourself. Surgery is only half the journey, the lifestyle changes are the biggest part and that you can do starting right now. I would also say that if you get the job and like it then wait a good six months before you take time off, they want to see that your committed past the probation period.
Most Active
Recent Topics