Elevate (Canadian Cosmetic Surgery) magazine

Mary A.
on 10/14/11 1:25 am
I just wanted to share this link with this board....I was recently in my plastic surgeons office and was allowed to take two issues of this magazine.

http://www.elevatemagazine.com/

very informative and deals with health as well as wonderful pics of people who have had surgery/lipsuction etc etc.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

mermaidoz
on 10/14/11 10:40 am - Canada
Thahks bookmarked it as lists prices for procedures
PaulaToronto
on 10/15/11 11:54 am - Toronto, Canada
The magazine is really just one big ad for various plastic surgeons. The pictures are the same every issue.  Be careful because the the writers are not neutral. The magazines are left at spas and hair salons accross the city for free. Dont pay for one and remember you are only seeing ads for the plastic surgeon involved.  The same surgeons are covered every issue and only they write the articles so you are really only seeing a very small sample of the plastic surgeons available in the province.  I am no longer impressed with this publication as I find it very misleading.

At least one advertises as being an expert at post WLS skin removal yet after 6 years on this site I have never heard from anyone who has used them.  IMHO those who are the experts are too busy to advertise and don't need to as word of mouth is enough.
Mary A.
on 10/17/11 6:13 am, edited 10/17/11 6:17 am
I realize they are an advertising mechanism..but IMO it's a point to begin the investigation process...at least it helps narrow down the potential Plastic Surgeons in a persons area

they also provide bios on some of the PS's...and it gives people a beginning point from which they should ALWAYS do more research

I would NEVER advocate NOT doing your own research...

and yes it's free..and yes the pictures are redundant issue after issue..HOWEVER..I would  rather have a baseline to go with from a picture in a magazine, book a consult and then say "do you have any actual pics of the surgeries you have performed", than just taking a stab in the dark

sometimes those individuals in larger urban areas have to remember that not everyone has access to dozens of plastic surgeons in their yellow pages, NOR do they have the option of several qualified, well specialized surgeons within an hour or two drive or have people in their support group that have had plastic surgery

..for me...that is what led me to Scarborough...yes at the referral of my doctor...but yet again...I don't know anyone personally that has had surgery by her either...

I write this as a person, who only knows (2) people who have admitted to having plastic surgery locally....and also as a perosn who lives 16 hours (1 way) from any metropolitan area.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

PaulaToronto
on 10/17/11 12:30 pm - Toronto, Canada
Sorry if I came across as too harsh.  I just find the PS board here or discussion with your bariatric center or support groups will lead you to surgeons that others have used and have experience with. Many very good PS do not have web sites, etc. so word of mouth is often the only thing you can rely on.

The majority of the PS in Elevate do not work with WLS patients so pictures, info is midleading. I would want to see what the after looks like if you start off with huge batwings and hanging to your stomach boob tubes not small little boobies they make huge with implants.  There is a difference between a recontructive PS which I know I will need versus a cosmetic PS that does nose jobs and implants.  Good luck with your surgery.  Are you seeking more than 1 opinion? 
Most Active
Recent Topics