Protein

Lana_Banana
on 10/16/11 9:35 am - Oshawa, Canada
 I am 2 days out of surgery and I was just wondering if I am able to mix in some banana or something to get the protein down? Please help.
happypants
on 10/16/11 9:44 am - Ottawa, Canada
I wouldn't do the banana thing right now. If you need to mask the flavor I would add some sugar free syrup or perhaps you can water down the protein some. Try plugging your nose that seems to work well.
Do the best you can it does get easier. Just remember to sip sip sip.

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Lana_Banana
on 10/16/11 9:51 am - Oshawa, Canada
 lol damn. Thought I would try. When do you suppose I could spice these up with some fruit? Thanks for the quick reply :)
happypants
on 10/16/11 10:17 am - Ottawa, Canada
I would refer back to your center's meal planner hand out since not all centres are the same. Sorry I can't be more help but Ottawa beats to a different drum. Good luck with your weight loss journey.

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

ROSIESMILE
on 10/16/11 10:11 am
I would add some flavouring, do not add food.
When I was post op, I asked if I can puree some veggie soup.
The dietitican advised against it since the content would not be easily digested (gastric juices..ect).
So that's why I would be caution against adding food....

Brenda T.
on 10/16/11 10:33 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
what do you drink with protien in it? I'm not there yet, just at the beginning.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Leslie W.
on 10/16/11 11:25 am - Cobourg, Canada
I'm just 5 days post. Have you tried the Premiere protein from Costco? or try the Whey coolers. You can get them at bulk barn. I have a cranberry one which is pretty good or the whey cooler gourmet orange creamscilcle.

Unflavored protein can be hard to get down.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Jennifer D.
on 10/16/11 11:28 am
mmm, gourmet orange creamsicle sounds good!! Going to look for it tomorrow.
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
Linda C.
on 10/16/11 11:46 am
I like the Syntrax Nectar protein.  They come in all sorts of flavors, and mix quite easily.  They don't seem to be as heavy as some of the other protein shakes.  The lowcarbgrocery carries those, and delivery to your door only takes a couple of days. 

Linda C.
PatXYZ
on 10/16/11 1:17 pm
Fruit is never really going to be a 'good' option for you now. Think of fruit like candy, not something you want to eat while loosing weight and something to be had as a very occasional treat after you reach goal. It's just sugar and in some it can cause dumping.

Have you tried the Weider's whey protein from Shoppers Drug Mart? It's like a fruit punch and not a milky protein shake, it'll be a nice change. As for the milky protein shakes, change up the taste by making it with different things to alter the flavour. You can make it with water or unsweetened almond milk and add greek yogurt, sugar-free syrups or Crystal Light to alter the flavour. Are your near the Low Carb Grocer? They have a great selection of syrups, and you can even get some of the Da Vinci ones at the larger Starbucks, just make sure you specify sugar-free.
Most Active
Recent Topics