Calorie/Carb counters..please help re: Brie cheese

Mary A.
on 10/21/11 12:40 am
I am not a huge cheese eater and actually bought my first Brie cheese last week...I love it...

can you tell me (if you are a carb & calorie counter) if this cheese is a good or BAD choice...I have eaten maybe 2 ounces/day.

http://www.nutrientfacts.com/FoodPages/nutritionfacts/nutrit ionfacts_brie_cheese.htm

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/11 12:45 am - Canada
I love ALL cheeses!  Brie is one of my favorites.

If you count carbs/protein...then it's a good choice.  6g protein/oz and 0g carbs/oz.

If you count calories and fat....bad choice.  But thats the case with most/all full fat cheeses.

Im not a big believer that fat is bad for us.  I think carbs are way worse. 
Karen W.
on 10/21/11 1:29 am - Canada
We need specific amounts of calories, fat, protein, and carbs.  Your needs depend on which surgery you had, your current size, your activity level etc.  I think that whether or not this is a good food choice for you really depends on what else you are eating over the course of the day.  If you are within your clinic's guidelines, enjoy the brie! Otherwise, make it one of those very occasional foods.  (I love it too, but plan to keep  it for special occasions due to the high cal and fat counts)

RNY April 11, 2011       

joanne_1970
on 10/21/11 2:41 am - Harriston, Canada
I love Brie but have not had it since surgery.  Before surgery however I bought some Blue Menu Brie and it tasted just as good but less fat and calories.

Joanne

3turtles
on 10/22/11 9:47 am - Columbus, OH
calorieking.com is kind of my go to for finding nutritional info for any food. brie is really high in fat and is really one of those things that i would save for a couple times a week. i agree though, brie is AMAZING. it was one of my faves pre-surgery.
consultation: 8/29/11 nutritionist: 9/7/11 psych eval: 9/12/11 stress test: 9/20/11 gi scope: 9/21/11 nurse visit: 9/28/11 SURGERY: 9/29/11

Mary A.
on 10/24/11 11:53 pm
thanks everyone...and yes I eat it in moderation....not just because of the fat content but also because of the price...LOL

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics