Optifast at work

Lizzie54
on 10/26/11 10:58 am - Canada
Hello All,
I received my optifast yesterday and start on November 21st.  I am gearing myself up for it.  But, i have a couple of questions...First, i plan to go to work while i am on optifast.  What do you do for lunch?  Do you mix it up at home and bring with you?  We have a fridge at work, that i could put it in there. 

How much instant coffee or crystal light do you put in.  For crystal light , do you use one of the single packages?

That's all i have for tonight....  Liz
Liz   

royses1066
on 10/26/11 11:10 am
Don't pre mix it before work.  It will not taste good at all.
Purchase a protein powder shaker from a health food store or sporting good store.
It has a sealable top, and a little wire mesh ball that goes inside the shaker which is just a plastic container.  The powder will mix very well in there, I've done it.  Try to add a few small ice cubes if you can as the cold will make it more palatable.
The instant coffee can be a tsp-tsp or whatever tastes right to you.  I just substitute cold Tims decaf for the 300ml of water.  A single serving pkg of crystal light is plenty, very sweet.
Good luck.  The first day is the worst, you'll get used to them and finally look forward to your "meal".

ima_totalgeek
on 10/26/11 1:04 pm
I agree with the first post - mix it at work if you can.  The shaker bottles work great and ice seemed to help it taste better for me.

I also added cinamon - especially to the vanilla it tasted great.  The other thing I liked was flavoured instant coffee crystals - hazelnut  - 1 tablespoon.

It does take a few days to get used to it.

Some people love the stuff - here's hoping you are one of those people.

Cheers
Karen W.
on 10/26/11 11:03 pm - Canada
It will be lumpy and definitely not very good if you pre-mix it.  I used a shaker bottle at work.  With the chocolate, I added cold decaf (brought it to work in a plastic juice box).  With the vanilla, I added 1/2 of a crystal light "single" as I found a whole one to be too sweet.  Extracts are good to add too; I used lemon and raspberry.  I hope you are one of the people who tolerate it well; I was.  It will be over before you know it.

RNY April 11, 2011       

JennR
on 10/26/11 11:31 pm
I didn't even buy a shaker bottle, I bought a 950ml Rubbermaid water bottle at walmart and used that for my optifast. At work I had a few trays of ice in the freezer so I filled up my bottle about 1/3 full of ice, then the optifast then added water so that the bottle was about 2/3 full and shook it, the ice helps to mix up the optifast so it isn't chunky.

Pam B.
on 10/26/11 11:37 pm
I agree with Karen W. a whole packet of Crystal lite was too sweet so I only used 1/2.  Cold Timmies is awesome!!  Good luck to you, it isn't really all that bad.
  Pam
         Referral Sent: February 2011   Surgery Date: November 2, 2011 by the fantabulous Dr. Gmora!!!    
nomore_tears
on 10/27/11 12:03 am - Canada
I hated Optifast when I started and couldn't get it down but now I get it down. I tried chocolate and vanilla and ate chocolate and I'm a chocolate lover. Everyone has different tastes, but I would go with the others don't mix before work it will lump and taste really awfull
I have cold water in fridge and ice cubes at work and I bring in my 300 mls of decaf that I made at home wich is a tsp for 300 ml and then at work I have my magic bullet and I just combine coffee 4 or 5 ice cubes and vanilla shake and gulp it down

Good luck you can do it

Referral: January 2010                     Nut/Behav: June 9/2011 1st appt - Dr. Wicklum: March/2010  6th app: Dr. Wicklum: June 16, 2011
2nd appt - Dr. Wicklum: June/10       Education Class: Sept 28, 2011
3rd appt - Dr. Wicklum: Sept 10         Meet the Surgeon: Oct 4, 2011
 4th appt - Dr Wicklum: Jan 2011       Start Optifast: Oct 19th, 2011
Orientastion Class : Feb 2011             Pre-Op: Oct 24th, 2011
5th appt: DR Wicklum: March 2011     Surgery: Nov 9th, 2011

Heaviest Weight; 308 lbs    After Optifast: 288 lbs    Morning of Surgery: 288 lbs     Goal Weight: 160 lbs Current Weight 202 lbs

jdance
on 10/27/11 5:53 am - Canada
Now that's funny, i did premix mine at home and it was fine. Just not as thick as my morning shake.

I just used a whole lot of ice, twice as much water as called for and mixed it in my bullet.
I packed it in a stainless steel bottle and put freezy packs around it.
The key is to keep it really cold.

Doesn't seem like many had success this way, but that worked for me. if you can take a bullet to work with you, all the better, it's best when fresh.
Sorry, I didn't add anything to it so can't help there.

Best of luck, you are so close, I'm happy for you.

J

Most Active
Recent Topics