Anyone tried BariatricChoice.com's IDS New-Whey Liquid Protein?

Nathalie_Can
on 10/30/11 6:57 am
http://www.bariatricchoice.com/new-whey-42-liquid-protein.ht ml

It says 42g of protein in a 3.8oz.

0g of fat
0g of sugar
2g carb

can this be?  lmao

Would love opinions
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/11 7:03 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I bought a few early out at GNC in Toronto as our crappy one in Timmins doesn't carry them or didn't at least years ago.  They are very sweet so I would mix half of a test tube into a 500 ml bottle of water.
Linda C.
on 10/30/11 7:50 am
If you are ordering from Bariatric Choice... they no longer mail products to Canada.  They now ship them via... fed ex or UPS, and the cost is not cheap.  In addition to the shipping cost, there is the customs cost, and even if the products are not taxable, you still pay the cost of transferring from the american shipping to the canadian shipping.

As an example... if you order 10 bags of the Crunch O's (which are great by the way... look like cheerios, but have BBQ flavoring, plus 12 g of protein) at 1.59 a bag, or order would be 15.90.  The shipping costs for the 10 bags is over $26.00!!!!, and that doesn't include whatever the customs cost would be, which could be an additional $10.00 or more.

So... an alternative, would be to order from Nashua, which does use the US postal service for sending stuff to Canada.  Their costs for shipping, are the actual postage cost.  They have a lot of the same products as Bariatric Choice, but some are under a different name.

So, an order from Nashua might cost 35.00 to send to Canada, as opposed to an order from Bariatric Choice which might cost well over $160.00 (and that is being conservative).

Sorry for the rant... but this is one of my pet peeves....

Linda C.
Linda C.
on 10/30/11 8:02 am
Sorry... forgot to answer your question!!!

Yes... it can be true.

It still would have a certain amount of calories (180) associated with it.

If I look at the values for Syntrax nectar - chocolate truffle

it has 0g of fat
           0g of sugar
           0g of carbs
100 calories in a full scoop
          24g of protein

Very similar.

Linda C.
sam1am
on 10/30/11 9:47 am
 I have always been told that the "bullets" don't have the right kind of protein for us, I believe it should be whey protein isolate to work for us.  If you get a chance ask your nutritionist.

all the best!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics