OT: Paverpol Statue (pics)

Nathalie_Can
on 11/6/11 5:56 am
yeah, me, doing Arts..lol...I'm not the crafty kind at all..lol...but my mom fell in love with this kind of art called Paverpol that she actually became a Certified Paverpol Teacher at 70yrs young...lol

So when I saw the statue she did, I told her I wanted one and she said:  "well, if you want one you'll have to make it" with a smirk on her face...lol...she came over this weekend for a lovely visit so she started to show me how and I did it.  Can't believe I could do that myself.

Building the body
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Once covered with an old white t-shirt covered with Paverpol, I started to paint the higlights of her

Finishing product

In more light

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Patti K.
on 11/6/11 6:01 am - Kingston On, Canada
Nathalie...very cool...nice job!!  I've never heard of this kind of crafting before...Patti K.

Megan M.
on 11/6/11 7:16 am - Canada
Never hear of this, but it's pretty cool!!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

monique_lite2b
on 11/6/11 7:26 am - North Bay, Canada
Wow!  Really cool Nathalie! You did a fantastic job!  This must be a new craft - very interesting.
You look great btw!  This looks like it should be your new hobby!
Monique

Referral - Sept.23.2010, Orientation - June 8.2010, Nurse&S.W. -  July 28.2011, Nutrition Class -    Aug.2.2011, Nutritionist -  Sept.13.2011, Psych - Sept.15.2011, Surgeon -  Oct.21.2011, Surgery - November 1, 2011.                        
Jennifer D.
on 11/6/11 7:32 am

Very cool Nathalie!

Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
look_out_world
on 11/6/11 7:39 am - Canada
 Nathalie......YOU look amazing!!!!  WOWZERS!!!!

The statue is awesome looking too, but WOW you look great!!!

Nathalie_Can
on 11/6/11 9:39 pm
lol...did I say I love you yet?  ahahahahaha....thanks for the compliment, feel great as well!

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Moselle
on 11/6/11 7:48 am - Athens, Canada
I love it!  I have to say like everyone else I've never heard of Paverpol either.  It really looks really interesting though.  Also agree that you are looking amazing as well. Keep up the good work.  Maybe you should be making some of these as Christmas gifts.

jthompson593
on 11/6/11 7:58 am
 That is a super cool piece of art. I've never heard of Paverpol till now!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Sirene
on 11/6/11 8:11 am - Ottawa, Canada
OHMYGOSH!!!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE these!!! I didnt know they had a specific name but I have seen them in gardens before. I LOVE this!!!

I want one!! Can your mom teach me too???? ;)

Jennifer  

Most Active
Recent Topics