Optitots

C. McMillan
on 11/14/11 10:02 pm - Ottawa, Canada
I keep on hearing on this board of the dreaded Optitots.  I don't have this problem actually I have the opposite.  I know I'm getting enough water - I have been having 3.75 L of (water, Opti, etc).  Did others have this problem and what did you do?

Surgery:02-Dec-11 Highest: 344.6lbs  Pre-Optifast: 329lbs  Surgery: 311.6lbs  Current: 221lbs  Goal: 200lbs  

NervousNelly57
on 11/14/11 10:18 pm - Guelph, Canada
Hi Carol.

I hear ya!  I've been adding a teaspoon of Life Brand's version of Benefibre to 2 of my shakes each day.  You will still probably go a lot less often than on regular food, but it does help provide some bulk.

Hope it all goes well for you!
Sharon

magpie4495
on 11/14/11 10:32 pm - Canada
I haven't had this issue yet - although my tummy is a little unsettled today.  I think in our book it recommends taking 2 metamucil caps with each shake.   I started this right away as I have had issues in the past on a regular diet.
HW: 260lbs  Pre-Optifast: 257lbs  SW: 242lbs  Happy: 150lbs SG: tbd 

Referral: January 2011, Orientation: July 8/11, Nut/Behav: Aug 22/11 Education Class: Nov 2/11 
Surgeon Appt: Nov 1/11, Surgery: Dec 5     

JJ_
on 11/15/11 3:26 am
Yes, our book does say to take 1-2 Metamucil (sugar-free) capsules with EACH Optifast.

I just spoke with Aspen about Optifast and she said for both Opticlog and Optitrots the same is recommended (1-2 Metamucil) with each shake, however she said that if we are still having Optitrots that we can increase our intake up to 4 Metamucil. 
Monica M.
on 11/15/11 12:14 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
I had the same problem, i've always been more prone to constipation, and i still am.

try adding benefibre, and make sure you getting lots and lots of water.

Keep on top of the constipation, have a laxative when you haven't gone for a couple of days, or when you feel uncomfortable.

Can you have veggies? if so, try to get the maximum allowed, that will add some natural fibre. Maybe take a stool softener as well.

Most Active
Recent Topics