Exhausted all the time

Muddymark
on 11/24/11 8:32 am
Hi,
I am over six weeks out and completely exhausted all the time.  Prior to the surgery I had lots of energy and  could exercise every day.  Now I barely make it to 2-3 o'clock before I completely crash for the day.  I am eating what I am suppose to be eating right until supper time, when I am so tired that I can't even eat.  Most nights I am in bed by 6:30 and lying down until 8pm when I fall asleep.  I am tired of being so tired.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks
Monica M.
on 11/24/11 8:48 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
are you getting enough fluids, taking your vitamins?

Have you had bloodwork done lately? how are your iron and B12 levels?

get some bloodwork done., maybe book an appt with the surgeon.

PatXYZ
on 11/24/11 8:50 am
You're likely experiencing fatigue from a number of factors. Your body is still recovering and healing, and you are now taking in so few calories (energy). Do you know how many calories and grams of protein you are getting? Are you taking an iron supplement and B12? These will all aid with energy.
RubyTues
on 11/24/11 10:22 am - Canada
Make sure you are getting tha****er into you.. dehydration can show as fatigue and what about having your iron checked?

Catw
on 11/24/11 10:38 am - Arnprior, Canada
If you are taking all your vitimins and drinking your water, and still feel like this, I would definitly get bloodwork done.  If it's not iron or B12, it could be your sugar levels.  I know I've felt extra tired at times, and it has been my sugar level (ate and felt better).  Best to see a doc about it in any case.

Cathy
GD6
on 11/25/11 1:45 am - Hamilton, Canada
It took me about 2 months before I was able to not take a nap immediately upon coming home from work.  By the third month post op I was back to normal.
Yasmeen  (aka thread killer!)  

5'6.5" - HW 239.4 / SW 226.8 (Feb 5, 2010) / GW 120 (Jan 6, 2011) / LW 116.8 

wls123
on 11/25/11 5:56 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hi...I know exactly how you feel.  For the first 3 months after my surgery I was exhausted.  Everyday, after work, I had to have a nap.  (anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours.  I have no children so it wasn't a problem for me.)  The only exercise I did was basic walking for the first 3-4 months because I was so tired.  I had my bloodwork checked and my B12 was a bit low.  A little increase in B12 and I started to feel better.  I'm now a year out and feel great.  Most days I have a lot of energy and I'm able to do anything.

Go see your doctor and get some bloodwork done.  Try not to fight the exhaustion as it might just make you feel worst.  Try to nap (without guilt) as often as you need.  Your body is telling you to take it easy.

Good luck,

Jodi

Optifast starting weight 272 lbs
Surgery weight 256 lbs

My Angel is Sheri139        
Muddymark
on 11/25/11 6:52 am
 Thanks for the support.  I had my blood taken a week ago and don't see the WMC in Ottawa until late next week.  I take all my vitamins, get all my water, and still feel like I am pulling a transport trailer truck around every day.  Lost 50 lbs and have a lot less energy than I did prior to the surgery.  Not even the weight loss has helped in the energy department. Glad to hear that I am not a freak of nature.  

Most Active
Recent Topics