Re-introducing myself

skyjem
on 11/24/11 1:30 am - Canada
I've finally had my surgery, November 19th at St. Joseph's Hospital Hamilton. My surgeon was Dr. Scott Gmora. Some of you may remember that I was fighting for the VSG and he did it! I'll thank him for the rest of my life.
It was a long, hard road, one that I almost gave up on, more than 3 years. I'm glad that I persevered.
So far the worst thing is the nausea, I actually threw up on the 2nd night, which scared me badly. I swore I was going to make those staples pop open.
The best thing has been, well the first part of my journey is done.
I'm having some problems with the protein shakes and will have to do some experimenting. 
I'm at 6 cups of liquids per day and I know it will take time to get the minimum of 8 per day. I'm working on it.
Anyway just thought I'd say hi and re-introduce myself.
Nadia
(deactivated member)
on 11/24/11 1:43 am - Canada

Hi Nadia :)  It's great that you got the surgery you wanted.  I know a lot of people here are fighting for VSG and I really hope OHIP changes their rules so people wont have to fight for it or the DS.

The first time I threw up I thought for sure I ripped my pouch open!  It was a horrible experience and Im so glad it hasnt happened lately! 

Good luck with the rest of your journey - I hope to see you posting more often :)

skyjem
on 11/24/11 2:09 am - Canada
Thanks. I will be posting and reading on a regular basis again.
Peel1234
on 11/24/11 1:54 am
Welcome  You sound like your doing great!  Keep up the good work, 6 cups is great.  The shakes will come.  Think of them as healing medicine.  Glad you got the surgery you wanted.  Diane

Will take a kayaking trip summer 2012, freedom

skyjem
on 11/24/11 2:10 am - Canada
Thanks. I like the healing medicine idea. I know I need to keep my protein up.
TBIYTC
on 11/24/11 2:37 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
Good to hear from you Nadia.  I've noticed recently that Hamilton is a lot more open to the other surgeries.  I didn't even ask for it, but Dr. Hong is suggesting I have a VSG then a DS later (hate the idea of two surgies, but he thinks it's safer).

Good luck on getting in the liquids!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

skyjem
on 11/24/11 3:13 am - Canada
That's one if the reasons I requested Hamilton, although I didn't think it would take this long. Two surgeries would suck, but you may luck out and be able to lose the weight you need to with the VSG. I have a lot to lose, but the VSG is going to work for me. Good luck!
Brenda T.
on 11/24/11 4:02 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Welcome back to the fourm and congratulations on getting the surgery you wanted.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

sam1am
on 11/24/11 4:15 am
I'm so glad to hear everything went well and you got your surgery of choice, Nadia.

Welcome back!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

JJ_
on 11/24/11 5:53 am
Congrats on getting your surgery.

Hopefully you will sort out the protein issue soon.

All the best,

Judy
Most Active
Recent Topics