NSV - shopping

joanne_1970
on 12/1/11 8:46 am - Harriston, Canada
Went to the mall today trying to get my xmas shopping done.  I have been trying to avoid buying clothes for myself as I still need to lose around 70 more lbs to goal.
However...I now fit into regular sizes, NOT plus sizes!  I shopped at old navy, Rikki's and get this...Le Senza. 
Ended up coming home with more stuff for me then anyone else I was so excited.  LOL

Monica M.
on 12/1/11 9:09 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
wow! nice!!

be careful, tho....

sam1am
on 12/1/11 9:16 am
 I'm so happy for you, Joanne!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

joanne_1970
on 12/1/11 9:46 am - Harriston, Canada
Thanks I was so excited. 
Bought dress pants for xmas in a size 16.  My son will be so surprised when he comes home from University in a few weeks 

sam1am
on 12/1/11 9:51 am
 I my best NSV was when my son picked me up an swung me off the ground calling me a skinny Momma.  I never thought anyone would ever do that to me!

Your son will be amazed, isn't it all wonderful?

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

joanne_1970
on 12/1/11 11:04 pm - Harriston, Canada
Its going to be great and Im so excited.   14 more days lol

Megan M.
on 12/1/11 7:54 pm - Canada
OMG, my son will be home for Christmas as well - I haven't seen him since July before surgery.  It's going to be wonderful!  And congratulations on your extremely victorious shopping excursion.  Remember the days when you would go shopping for yourself and come home with nothing but things for the kiddies!  Well, it's payback now!  And you deserve it.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

joanne_1970
on 12/1/11 11:06 pm - Harriston, Canada
Im lucky I did get to have him home for Thanksgiving so I did see him 2 months ago but im still so excited.

Karen W.
on 12/1/11 9:18 pm - Canada
Congrats on your shopping NSV! Size 16 is wonderful, isn't it?

I'm a little bit curious... you said that you're a size 16 but still have 70 lbs to lose. What are your stats (height, weight), if you don't mind me asking? At size 16 I was weighing in around 190-195 (I'm 5'5").
joanne_1970
on 12/1/11 10:59 pm - Harriston, Canada
Im 5'3" and at 240.  I have no idea why but right now Im fitting comfortably in an 18 (unless they fit really small) at the moment but by Christmas will need dress pants in a 16 I figured.  I must carry alot of muscle cause I know many, many moons ago when I was in college I was 180 and in about a size 12.
My centers goal weight for me is 170-175 so that is about 70 more lbs.

Most Active
Recent Topics