OT - pre WLS progress - good news

chipmunk_roasting
on 12/7/11 3:30 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
Hi all,

I have type II diabetes;  I've been fretting (I'm a *great* fretter), for the past two weeks since my last appointment with my endocrinologist.  My numbers a month ago were not good and at that time she asked me to try a new regime of adding daily mealtime insulin, at a minimal dose.  I already use long acting Lantus insulin at bedtime.I did that for two weeks and saw her two weeks ago today.  I hadn't been doing well with it, but in the meantime I had started using my newly-prescribed CPAP machine.

I asked for two more weeks, without daytime insulin, to see if the CPAP machine would be helpful in bringing my numbers in to better control.

Well!  I saw my endocrinologist this morning, at the Riverside Hospital, and ... tada!  My numbers, without daytime insulin are now *down*, really down, and my blood pressure is well-reduced too.  She's very happy with what I've done (thank you CPAP!) and *happy sigh* I do not have to use daytime insulin.  

She's also supportive of my WLS process and says my numbers are good enough that I'll meet the OCH's requirements for in-control blood glucose numbers.

I'm a happy woman and wanted to share with people who will understand that happiness.

:)

Cheers, all!

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

Monica M.
on 12/7/11 3:39 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
I am happy that you are happy!! and i love that we have this wonderful community that understands your happiness!!

congrats on your successes!!! Many more to come

(now i've got that song in my head... Chipmunks roasting on an open fire... jack frost nipping at your nose.. la la la la la la la la la aaaaaaaaaaaa...)

Joyce J.
on 12/7/11 4:45 am - Scarborough, Canada

(now i've got that song in my head... Chipmunks roasting on an open fire... jack frost nipping at your nose.. la la la la la la la la la aaaaaaaaaaaa...)

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

chipmunk_roasting
on 12/7/11 5:58 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

Fa la la la la ... lol :)

Thanks, Monica -- baby steps, baby steps.

mmm 

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

Monica M.
on 12/7/11 7:50 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
lots and lots of babysteps, for sure.

Joyce J.
on 12/7/11 4:43 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

That is awesome news. A relief I'm sure

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

chipmunk_roasting
on 12/7/11 5:59 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
Thanks, Joyce -- it really is a relief :)

mmm

JJ_
on 12/7/11 5:47 am
Wow, congrats on getting your diabetes under control.

I imagine that you are also sleeping better with the CPAP?  Wait until you no longer need any medication or devices.

All the best.

Judy
chipmunk_roasting
on 12/7/11 6:02 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
Oh yes, Judy -- I posted a love note to my CPAP about ten days ago.  Love it, need it, will be happy to get rid of it.    Thanks for the good wishes.

Five more sleeps for you! 

mmm

Brenda T.
on 12/7/11 5:54 am, edited 12/6/11 5:55 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Congratulations on this success!!

.....poor little chipmunks.....

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Most Active
Recent Topics