2nd Follow up appointment

msheavyhearted
on 12/9/11 9:00 am - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
Hey Nadia,

I'm still pre-op. I met with Dr. Gmora via telehealth last week and he seems like such a sweetheart! I've completed all my pre-op shenanigans and now I'm just waiting for a surgery date. I'm likely looking at January or February. Any tips/advice you can offer about Hamilton and St. Joe's would be greatly appreciated.

Best of luck making it through the holiday season.

Thea
skyjem
on 12/10/11 1:42 am - Canada
Dr. Gmora is pretty great. He has an excellent bedside manner. I saw him everyday that I was in the hospital. The nurses there were great and very attentive. I had constant nausea and my nausea meds were double-dosed every 3-4 hours. Again the nurses were great about calling Dr. G and it was changed to the higher dose soon after.
I would warn you to be prepared to do alot of driving around for parking. It's at a premium. You may luck out and get a spot in the parking garage, if not it's street parking and sometimes quite the walk. The fees can also get kind of high, as well. Like $20 for 4 hours, although if you go to the parking office you can get an all day pass for $15, but of course if you leave for a bit you lose your spot. in general my experience with St. Joe's was good, I just went back to Windsor because the drive is shorter.
Good luck and I hope you get you date soon! Any more questions, please ask.
Nadia

sam1am
on 12/9/11 10:05 am
 Congratulations, Nadia!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

skyjem
on 12/10/11 1:42 am - Canada
Thank you!

charm64
on 12/9/11 9:31 pm - Cambridge, Canada
Sounds like you are doing great! Congrats

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

skyjem
on 12/10/11 1:43 am - Canada